Sunday 10 July 2016

TEST OF TIME Episode 18

Episode 18


(After Bimbo and Tara left....)

MARK : (looking at Jade)...Jade...
JADE : yep...(Looks up from what she was cooking)
MARK : I'm really sorry about all that...
JADE : (cuts in)...hey...its okay Mark. She only said all that to me because she thought we're dating. She doesn't know you're more like a naughty brother to me....
(Mark and Hyke exchange glances, Hyke wanted to talk but Mark stops him with a blink...)
JADE : (still washing the chicken, she breaks the silence)...but seriously Mark......
MARK : hmm?
JADE : you need to stop all this. Messing around with every girl that comes your way....its not fair...
HYKE : look Jade, some of this girls don't want you to be serious with them....
JADE : (not looking)...this one sure wants you to be serious with her...
HYKE : (laughs)....this one?...(Turns to Mark)....believe me, you won't want to spend your life with such a girl...
JADE : (looks up)...but why?
HYKE : she's after Mark for his money...
JADE : how would you know? She may have fallen in love with him.
HYKE : (turns to Mark)...really Mark?
MARK : Bimbo should be in love with my money not me. That's why she dated me in the first place.
JADE : wait a minute, why do you all have that mentality? That girls are after your money...
MARK : Babe..this one is, trust me.
HYKE : we were there when she embarrassed the guy at her party, a guy that wanted to propose o...
JADE : she really did that?
HYKE : yes she did. All because Mark got her everything in D&G.
JADE : seriously?...(Stops doing what she was doing)
MARK : that was not all, she repeatedly embarrassed the guy and even told me about it...
JADE : poor guy...but even you Mark, how could you have still dated her knowing she's such a person?...(Adding salt and seasoning to the chicken)
MARK : well...she fell prey...what can one do?
JADE : Mark...(Turns to Hyke)....and even you too Hyke, you should stop this wayward way of life and settle down with one girl. All this your continuous fling and one night stands will not help you...
MARK : I've stopped seriously...
JADE : and the girl?
MARK : oh..Bimbo? She's my last straw.
JADE : yeah right!
MARK : I'm serious.... I was only doing all that because the woman of my life hasn't shown up....but I've decided to stop.
JADE : I hope so...(Turns to Hyke)...and you?
HYKE : me...(Smiles)...don't worry I'll stop....
JADE : stop now Hyke, if not all this your games ehn.....its your daughters that will pay for it o...

(Both Mark and Hyke are shocked)
HYKE : hell no! Why should that be?
JADE : so you don't know? That's how life is. Whatever you sow your kids will reap them all and remember,when you plant a seed of mango, tell me, how many fruits will you reap from that mango tree? Can you count them?
HYKE : (thinking about it).......no
JADE : that's how it is...for every wrong thing you do to those girls, each is a seed planted...
(Both guys look at each other....)
HYKE : (feeling uncomfortable with where the discussion is heading to, he changes the topic....)...so when will this food be ready now? 'Cause I'm famished already...
JADE : soon....

(Meanwhile, when Tara and Bimbo got to the car, she was so depressed she could not drive. Tara drove to the house telling her to pretend as if nothing happened so that Annette will not suspect anything. When they got home, they entered straight into Bimbo's room to talk...)

BIMBO : I can't believe this is happening to me...a whole me....
TARA : I never knew Mark could do such a thing...
BIMBO : (crying)..my God will punish him...
TARA : but wait, I think there's more to this than meets the eye...
BIMBO : (cleaning her tears)...what?
TARA : do you know some girls use jazz?
BIMBO : jazz? Why did you say that?
TARA : because...Mark spent too much on you to just leave you like that. Guys don't just spend on a lady they don't have plans for....
BIMBO : so what are you saying....
TARA : that girl may have used jazz on Mark....can't you see her confidence level? I was looking at her throughout...
BIMBO : I didn't notice....
TARA : she just kept quiet, she kept cooking not even bothered about what we were talking about....to me something is giving that girl confidence...you know, more like you've done something you're sure of...
BIMBO : so what you're trying to say is that Mark only left me because that girl has 'jazzed' him?
TARA : I suspect so....if not, nobody will hear all what we said and not run away from such a guy...
BIMBO : we can't say...do you think if I had heard all this, I would have believed a thing? With the way Mark showered me with everything?
TARA : well....(Giving it a thought)

.......................................................................................

(After a delicious lunch, Hyke, Mark and Jade chatted for a while and thereafter, Mark takes Jade home.

He parks the car in front of the house...)

MARK : thanks for the delicious meal...I'd love to have more of that....
JADE : then go and get married...
MARK : I will when the right woman accepts to marry me...
JADE : you make yourself right for her. May be you're not yet the kind of man she'd want to spend the rest of her life with....
MARK : so how can I make myself right for her?
JADE : (laughs)...hey....how am I suppose to know?
MARK : well....you're a woman, you'd know what I should do...
JADE : oh Mark....go figure...(She steps out of the car)...ciao!
MARK : ciao!....(Looking at her as she walks inside the compound and waves him goodbye. He couldn't help but feel the love he once felt for her flushing back into his heart...)....could this be it?....(He waves her back and drives home)

..........................................................................................

(The following day is a sunday....Yomi went to Lanre's place from church...)

LANRE : how far with the job hunt?
YOMI : so-so man....I'm still there...I just don't like reminding myself how I got to this....
LANRE : what about the interview you went for the other day?
YOMI : oh that.....(Remembers Jade)...another story came out of that....
LANRE : what happened?
YOMI : (sits up)...remember that girl I told you about when we went for that youth program, that she was against being a carreer woman?
LANRE : (trying to remember)....can't remember....
YOMI : oh...the girl I told you about how she took on everybody that opposed her?
LANRE : oh....okay......hmm mm?
YOMI : I saw her at the interview...
LANRE : really?
YOMI : and....believe me, Lanre, I've not been able to get her off my head since then.
LANRE : get her off how?
YOMI : since that day I saw her, its as if she took a part of me home with her....
LANRE : wait, are you serious?
YOMI : I'm telling you, I've been thinking about her since I set my eyes on her....
LANRE : how come you didn't feel this way when you saw her at the conference?
YOMI : I don't know...may be because then Bimbo and I had just started dating....
LANRE : hmm....no wonder, you wanted a career woman then...so wait......what about now?
YOMI : I don't know jare. All I know is, that girl did something to me. We sat down and talked for a while, you know....
LANRE : hmm mm....
YOMI : and believe me, I want to see her again....
LANRE : ask her for lunch nau....
YOMI : lunch but that's too soon...
LANRE : then what will you do?
YOMI : I'll take her some novels, we'll start from there......let me even call her...(He brings out his phone and dials Jade's number...

(Jade was on her way home from church when his call entered....)


YOMI : hi....
RECEIVER : hello....
YOMI : hope I'm not being too much of a border?
RECEIVER : at all....how are you?
YOMI : very well and you?
RECEIVER : I'm good.
YOMI : em....can I bring the novels over to your place?
RECEIVER : em.....(Feeling uncomfortable about allowing a stranger into the house)
YOMI : or we should hook up somewhere if you don't want me to come over to your place....
RECEIVER : (seeing he caught her)... actually its just that, I'm still in church...
YOMI : oh really....then I could come over to your church....
RECEIVER : you can?
YOMI : yeah....why not?
RECEIVER : alright then....I'll text you the address....
YOMI : thanks...(Drops the call)...yes! I'm going to see her....(Standing up)...
LANRE : haha...just like that? What if she's leaving at the other end of the city?
YOMI : (dropping his drink)...my car is fit for it and I have fuel....
LANRE : eeeee! See this guy o....
YOMI : I won't miss this opportunity...
LANRE : but what of the novels you want to take to her?
YOMI : that's why I'm going now. I'm going to pick them up from the house first, before going there....
LANRE : hmm....just take it easy o....
YOMI : thanks, I will....(He leaves)
LANRE : hmm....I just hope the girl is available....hope she's not taken already because he's just too excited about her....

.......................................................................................

(Meanwhile, Mark is at home, on the phone with Hyke....)


CALLER : After what happened yesterday, do you think you'd still have a chance with her?
MARK : I really wish so. I hope that girl hasn't spoiled everything for me...
CALLER : what do you want to do now?
MARK : I'll postpone it. I won't tell her till I've proven to her that I've changed my ways....
CALLER : she's going to make a good house wife. She cooks well and neatly too...
MARK : yeah...Jade is a wife material...
CALLER : she can make a man settle down before time...
MARK : (laughs)...but not a guy like you, right?
CALLER : why not? If I see a girl like her, I'd not waste time....
MARK : oh really!
CALLER : yeah.....if not for the fact that you're my friend I'd have compete with you, you know...
MARK : don't even think about it....
CALLER : (laughs)....you're scared right?
MARK : crazy guy....!

..................................................................................

(Jade had gone back to church when she receives a call from someone she least expected....)

JADE : (shocked)....hello?
CALLER : how are you?
JADE : I'm good and you?
CALLER : not bad...How's everyone at home?
JADE : all fine, thanks and over there?
CALLER : all fine too...(Pauses for a while....)...okay....I just wanted to say hi...
JADE : okay....(she hangs up)

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment