Saturday 2 July 2016

TEST OF TIME Ep. 12

 

Episode 12


(After the official Business meeting, the gentlemen decided to have lunch at the hotel where the meeting was held. The men invited their ladies over.

Toyosi calls up Nike, telling her to come with Jade. The ladies dressed up and walk into the restaurant and just as all the ladies were introduced, he introduces his fiancée and her friend....)


TOYO : Gentlemen, here's my sweetheart and her friend Jade...(Turns to the duo)..Sweetheart, that's Mr Eneh, My Boyle, Mr Peter and Mr Daise...
Mr BOYLE : (cuts in)...Jade!....(Standing up)..Jade is that you?
JADE : trying to recall the face).... Mark! Mark Boyle?
MARK : (standing up and walking towards her)....of course its me...(Goes to hug her)
JADE : wow! Where have you been...
MARK : I've been around...wow! You don't look changed a bit. What have you been eating?
JADE : (laughs)...its God o. Its such a small world....
MARK : we should catch up on old times....come and sit right beside me...
JADE : (she looks at Nike who nudges her to go with Mark)...okay...
TOYO : its such a small world...(Pulling out a chair for Nike)
MARK : (goes back to his seat beside Hyke) Hyke...this is Jade, remember Jade? The girl I told you I wrote a thousand love letters to back then in school...
HYKE : oh while you were in ibadan?
MARK : exactly! Jade Da silva.
JADE : wow, you still remember my surname...
MARK : I can never ever forget it...(Adjusting his chair for Jade)
JADE : (turns to Hyke)...hi, nice meeting you.
HYKE : nice to meet you too. Your natural beauty is exceptional....(Looking at her...)
MARK : so....(Taps Hyke and turns to Jade)...its good to see you again...(He changes his mind, pulling another chair out for Jade to sit on. He sits in between Hyke and Jade)
HYKE : haha...guy...
MARK : abeg face your girl jare...(Sitting down)
HYKE : please make yourself comfortable...
MARK : she sure will.
JADE : (looks at Hyke beside Mark)thanks!...(Then looks at Mark)...ain't you here with anyone?
MARK : at all. I'm here with my ears only....(Chuckling)
JADE : why? Don't tell me you're still not married?
MARK : (laughs)...no I'm not. I'm still searching...
JADE : haba...till now? What are you waiting for?
MARK : for the right woman o....what of you?
JADE : I'm not married. But I have a fiancé...
MARK : you just broke my heart now...
JADE : (chuckles)...sorry about that...
MARK : so then what are you up to? Was thinking you'll still be in ibadan.
JADE : no...I was in lagos till my office transferred me here.
MARK : oh...where do you work?
JADE : ATTComs...
MARK : ATTcoms....but ATTcoms is having problems now.
JADE : how do you know?
MARK : they bank with us so I know all about their problems. They are about to liquidate...
JADE : in fact they are owing me. The last time they paid me was last April...
MARK : (cuts in) what! But they still have some millions stashed away...they should be able to pay.
JADE : I'm not the only one they're owing. We're much.
MARK : I advice you get another job dear...
JADE : of course I am. I've been job hunting, I've written applications...
MARK : here in Abuja or in Lagos?
JADE : in Abuja.
MARK : so you want the job here?
JADE : I prefer it here.
MARK : hmm....(Thinking about it)...I will see what I can do. If it were to be in Lagos now, it will be very easy for me to connect you to someone.
JADE : eyah...I want it here jare.
MARK : okay. I'll see what I can do.
JADE : I'd appreciate that a lot.
HYKE : (pops into their conversation)haba...offer this beauty queen here something...
MARK : my bad....I'm so sorry, I was taken away by our conversation...
JADE : its okay...
MARK : what will you take...(Signals at the waiter)

..................................................................

Later on, the other business partners left while Mark and Hyke remained at the bar...

HYKE : when will I get the result of that? I want to be sure before I sign the deal.
MARK : you should get it latest by tuesday
HYKE : why not monday?
MARK : because I've changed my mind about leaving tomorrow morning. I'll leave first thing monday morning.
HYKE : why?
MARK : was thinking I could hook up with Jade tomorrow.
HYKE : ...which reminds me, what's up with you and that babe?
MARK : mehn, that girl really gave me a tough time. And she still looks the same, always natural
HYKE : that's how I'd love my woman to be, naturally beautiful. Then you'll know what you're putting in your house.
MARK : I love that too.
HYKE : You should see some of this girls when they wake up beside you early in the morning...
MARK : (cuts in)...before applying make up, right?
HYKE : I tell you. Sometimes its like I've just woken up into a bad dream!
MARK : the funniest part is, some of them are okay without these make up yet they can't do without using them.
HYKE : now when they don't use it, they look sick!
MARK : (laughs)....no be for us? They're doing it for us nau....(Laughing)
HYKE : but not all of us appreciates it. I really like that Jade...
MARK : (cuts in)... hey, she's engaged,...
HYKE : its not marriage, engagements can be broken.
MARK : And she's not your type man.... I can perceive she's still very much the same as before.
HYKE : How was she before?
MARK : hmm...very decent. Very, very decent. She was the most decent girl in the whole area then. She turned all the guys down. Some of them even fought because of her.
HYKE : wow! And you?
MARK : I was a family friend then, hence the love letters, I did not know how to tell her. I had an edge over the other guys then because she was close to me, telling me about all of them, so they would come to me to talk to her...
HYKE : unknown to them that you were also interested....(Laughing) very funny...
MARK : I'm happy I met her again. She's even looking for a job...
HYKE : really? She can come be my PA for now. Atleast I'll be Abuja for the next few months...
MARK : and when you leave, she becomes jobless again?
HYKE : I'll get her a job in one of our companies of course, that's if I don't want her to come to lagos with me.
MARK : don't bother, I don't trust you. Just get me the contacts of one of your friends. I'd like to help her.
HYKE : okay, I'll call on of Dad's managers.
MARK : okay.

..................................................................

(Toyosi drops Jade and Nike at home. After they both freshened up...)

NIKE : its such a small world, and to think that you didn't want to go...
JADE : abi o...
NIKE : where do you even know him?
MARK : he was a family friend.
NIKE : really?
JADE : yes.
NIKE : so you guys lost contact?
JADE : there were no phones then, except nitel land lines.
NIKE : that's true...hope you've exchanged lines now sha?
JADE : of course. He even wants to help with the job hunt.
NIKE : that's good. I'm sure he will be able to help, the way I see them, I think they're connected.
JADE : I hope so too....(Then her phone rings and she picks it up...)...sweetheart...
CALLER : how are you?
JADE : in fact I'm very well.
CALLER : you sound really excited...
JADE : yes I am. I went out today.
CALLER : you went out? But you didn't tell me you were going out...
JADE : yes, that's because I didn't plan it.
CALLER : and you couldn't even send me a message?
JADE : that's true....I'm really sorry. Everything just happened so fast.
CALLER : so, where did you go to?
JADE : I went out with Nike and Toyosi. We were at the Nicon Hotel. I....
CALLER : (cuts in)...doing what?
JADE : Toyosi went to see some business associates so we went with him but we had swimming lessons while had his meeting.
CALLER : okay.
JADE : and guess what?
CALLER : what?
JADE : I met an old friend who intends to help me with the job hunt.
CALLER : really?
JADE : yes. We'll get in touch.
CALLER : a guy or a girl?
JADE : .......a guy.
CALLER : ehn ehn......so he wants to help you out?
JADE : yes. Although he stays in Lagos but he said he can help work something out here sha.
CALLER : okay, that's good....so how was your day?
JADE : very beautiful. You know its been a while I went out....
CALLER : hmm...okay.
JADE : so what's up with you?
CALLER : I'm good. Work as usual.....
JADE : tomorrow?
CALLER : hmmm......tomorrow is tight too.
JADE : (feeling sad she shrugs)....okay....
CALLER : I know its being a while we saw each other, I really miss you too....don't worry, I'll work something out.
JADE : can't wait for that.
CALLER : alright....love you.
JADE : love you more.

..................................................................

Yomi resumes at the office this particular monday and was given a letter by the management...

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment