Saturday 2 July 2016

Test of Time Episode 11



EPISODE.11

(As Yomi drives home he tries to recall where he had seen Mark's face....

YOMI : is he one of our clients.....no....where? I know I've seen that face before, but where....where?....(After thinking for sometime)....yes! Her birthday! He was the one that brought those gifts for her...... shit!......I've been a fool!..... So Bimbo is involved with him and I kept begging her...

(Yomi drives straight to Lanre's place...)

YOMI : (entering into the sitting room, looking moody)...Lanre, you just can't believe what happened today.
LANRE : what is it again?..I'm sure its something about Bimbo again because now-a-days you don't talk about anything else, other than what to do to get Bimbo back. So what's new?
YOMI : I'm just coming from her place now....
LANRE : (cuts in)...oh please don't start again! I don't want to hear it...(Turns away from him)
YOMI : Lanre, I've been a fool. A big fool!
LANRE : (lightens up)...oh really....(Turns to him)...what happened?
YOMI : Remember that guy that came for Bimbo's birthday? The one with the wagon of gifts?
LANRE : oh yes, the guy that brought the D&G stuffs?
YOMI : do you know that they're dating?
LANRE : him and Bimbo right?
YOMI : I tell you! To think that I was begging her for whatever I've done wrong. So its not like I did anything wrong, she's enticed by materials things....
LANRE : look, if you ask me, I never liked her. She looks too materialistic to me....but wait, why are you surprised? You yourself told me she said she doesn't love you anymore...
YOMI : no Lanre.... She never loved me.
LANRE : (jumps up) thank God! Thank God you're finally coming back to your senses!
YOMI : I was a fool. I can't believe I have been a fool begging for her forgiveness when she's already frolicking with another man.
LANRE : I've told you long before now to stop it but you didn't listen.
YOMI : her friends and sister embarrassed me today before that guy. Do you know Bimbo actually told the guy to tell me she's now with him? And that he should work me out?
LANRE : chai! Na your fault o, nah you cause am. You for no go her house go beg am, you messed up man!
YOMI : I know I did... I thought we could work things out, I thought....
LANRE : (cuts in)...you thought what? Anyway, you learnt your lesson.
YOMI : Lanre, the truth is that... Bimbo and I never had sex...
LANRE : (shocked, he cuts in)...what! That's a lie!
YOMI : its the truth.
LANRE : is that possible?
YOMI : yes.
LANRE : but why? Maybe that's why she left you.
YOMI : the thing is that, when I was asking her out, she said she's not sure I love her, that I'm just after her body, then I made a vow to her that I will not sleep with her till we get married. Although, that day she laughed at the sound of the word marriage, but I assured her we'll play by her rules.
LANRE : ....and...she never asked for sex afterwards?
YOMI : she once did but I told her I'll stick to my promise. I want her mind and body for the rest of my life not just for a short while, so I wasn't in a rush....
LANRE : hmm....omo you dey try o, I don't think I can do such a thing.
YOMI : I was ready to do anything for Bimbo. I can remember when the going was still good, she doesn't even call me. I did the calling. She only calls me when she needs me to do something very important for her and I wasn't complaining. Sometimes we only saw once in two weeks yet I still don't complain.... I gave her everything a man should give his woman...(With tears welled up in his eyes)....and I never cheated on her.
LANRE : its okay man....don't worry a better woman will come. You even deserve a woman that will treat you well, not one that will treat you like you're forcing yourself on her.
YOMI : I don't think I want to fall in love again. I just want to be alone.
LANRE : that's not possible, you will see another woman far better than her, in fact, one who will make you feel loved, not used.
YOMI : (tears still in his eyes )...girls...all the same even all her friends.
LANRE : pull yourself together man. Better things are coming your way.
YOMI : I need to be alone for now.
LANRE : I understand you....take your time and feel at home here.

..................................................................

(While Mark was still at Bimbo's house, he receives a call from Hyke saying he should come to he's suite...)

TARA : wait o, Mark, are you now going alone? Bimbo, won't you go with him?
MARK : sugar, will you come with me?
BIMBO : why not?
MARK : then let's go....
TARA : Babe no dull yourself o, make una spend the night there o.
MARK : please beg her to do that since she doesn't want us to marry any soon...
TARA : haba nau Babe, no deprive this guy nah...
BIMBO : hmm...na you know o. Please Darling let me go and dress up...(Gives him a peck)
TARA : that's ma girl!...(Following Bimbo)
BIMBO : Baby, I'll be right back....(Goes into her room with Tara.

In the room...)
TARA : come Babe how far nau? Why you no dey sleep over at Mark's house nau?
BIMBO : do you know we've not had sex?
TARA : na lie! Why nau?
BIMBO : I just want to be sure of him.
TARA : haha! Babe, no go loose this guy o...see, if another girl go give am chop, him go bust your side o....
BIMBO : you think so?
TARA : yes nau.
BIMBO : but in Yomi's case, nothing like that happened...(Changing her clothes)
TARA : haa! That one na Yomi o, if this guy persists, you better allow him, after all you no be virgin, so wetin nah? Come, this guy has shown how much he loves you. Abi you think say if person no love you, him go spend all this kain money on top your head?
BIMBO : hmm..I've being thinking about it myself...(Making up)
TARA : abeg, allow the guy jare.
BIMBO : hmm.
(Afterwards, Mark and Bimbo went to Hyke's suite....)

HYKE : here comes the girl that makes my friend's heart melt away...(Standing up to give Bimbo a hug)
BIMBO : hello Hyke.....(Goes to hug him)
HYKE : how are you?
BIMBO : I'm good.
HYKE : how have you been treating my friend?
BIMBO : trust me now, I'm taking care of him...
HYKE : I trust you....
MARK : my Baby's trying o...
HYKE : I can see the happiness on your face....
MARK : you can say that again...
HYKE : look, you guys are staying over till midnight.
MARK : why? What's up?
HYKE : its my Mum's birthday....so I'm celebrating here. Some friends will be coming over...
BIMBO : (whispers into Mark's ears)...but, we didn't plan for that...
MARK : (turns to Hyke)....guy, how nau? You for don talk that one since nau...
HYKE : haba, no worry, I got a room for you love birds to chill after the celebration is over.
MARK : Babe, what do you think?
BIMBO : its okay, just that I didn't bring anything to change into. Don't worry, we'll work something out.
BIMBO : hmm....(Smiling)...I know you'll like that...
MARK : well....you can't blame a man for wanting to spend the whole day with the woman of his life....can you?
BIMBO : hmm...
(After having fun at the bar with other friends, Bimbo and Mark retires to the room that Hyke had booked for them.

Mark undresses right in front of Bimbo...)
BIMBO : (surprised)...what are you doing?
MARK : I'm going to take a bath, do you wanna join me?...(Still undressing)
BIMBO : is that why you're undressing before me?
MARK : why not? You're the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with, so why covering my nakedness from you?
BIMBO : you're such a naughty man.
MARK : hmm....so are you coming?....(He moves close to her, naked, and starts kissing her)....I love the way you smell....
BIMBO : hmm mm....
(He lures her into the bathroom and they bathed together laughing like kids. After bathing, he had sex with her....

In the morning, Mark brought her breakfast and as they were eating, he receives a call from Hyke...)
MARK : hello?
CALLER : tell me our plan worked?
MARK : yes. I told you I'll come over.... Immediately after eating with this beauty here.
CALLER : hmmm..I understand. Don't keep me waiting...
MARK : I'll be there soon....
CALLER : alright.
MARK : yeah bye...(Drops the call)
BIMBO : Mark, right?
MARK : yes. He said he wants to see me before I leave.
BIMBO : we can go to him after checking out...(Eating)
MARK : hmmm....he wants me to come alone. He wants to talk about some financial stuffs.
BIMBO : oh....okay...
(After eating, Mark goes to Hyke's room. On seeing Mark, he sends the girl that's with him to go to the lobby....)
HYKE : (shaking him)...hey, with the way I'm seeing you, I believe our plan worked out.....?
MARK : yes man!...(Shaking Hyke)
HYKE : finally! But wait, was she a virgin, or why being tight fisted with the thing?
MARK : vir-what! For where? That means my mother is a virgin too....(Laughing)
HYKE : so you finally had your way...
MARK : don't mind her, she has managed to make me wait for over two months.
HYKE : men you were patient, me, I don't have that kind of Patience.
MARK : I wanted it to come willingly so that I can have everything I want.
HYKE : ....I'll be in Abuja by next weekend.
MARK : for how long?
HYKE : there are some new investments Dad wants us to do there, so I'm handling the transaction.
MARK : okay... As for me, I have next weekend to enjoy again....
HYKE : I trust you...but I'll need your presence for some of time in Abuja.
MARK : why?
HYKE : those we're dealing with use your bank so I need you to get their details for me. I want to be sure they won't dupe us. You know some of this people have their connection in banks.
MARK : so when will you need me then?
HYKE : I'll let you know.
MARK : okay. Just make it happen during the weekend. You know its not an official duty.
HYKE : its okay. I'll work on it.

..................................................................

(Some weeks later, Yinka calls Jade...)

JADE : sweetheart, I've missed you.
CALLER : sorry I couldn't call you yesterday. I was very busy at the office.
JADE : its okay. How are you now dear?
CALLER : I'm alright. And you?
JADE : I'm not so bad.
CALLER : you've been home for a couple of days now, right?
JADE : yeah.
CALLER : anything from your office?
JADE : absolutely nothing.
CALLER : did you go there to find out?
JADE : I can't keep wasting money going there when no one has called to say we should show up.
CALLER : and from those companies you wrote applications to?
JADE : they all said they will get back to me, but still, nothing.
CALLER : but this is absurd. You can't just keep staying home. Get something doing, I don't like the way you're staying home.
JADE : I hate it myself.
CALLER : then go out, go and look for something.
JADE : I've spoken to everyone I know here. Even Nike's Dad has being trying his best for me.
CALLER : me I don't like this kind of thing o.
JADE : in fact, if I had money, I would have been going to Lagos to buy things and sell but has it is, I'm so broke the only money I have can only take me to Lagos and back.
CALLER : by flight?
JADE : no by road.
CALLER : okay. You sha need to get a job or something fast.
JADE : Yinka, I don't like my situation either.
CALLER : okay....well I will call you later. Work is still hectic.
JADE : okay....bye....(Drops the call)...since I had this job issue, Yinka has been so somehow with me, always telling me to go look for something doing, like I don't want to. I don't like the way he's taking this issue. For God's sakes, I don't like the way I'm jobless, but he's sounding like I'm lazy. Like I don't want to get a job. This is really annoying....

..................................................................


(Jade was home as Nike dresses up, waiting for her boyfriend to come pick her up...)

NIKE : is Yinka coming around?
JADE : he's busy with work. Something came up.
NIKE : eyah...but you can't just stay home alone, will you come with us?
JADE : oh no....I'll be fine.
NIKE : when did you see him last sef?
JADE : two weeks ago....His job is really demanding these days.
NIKE : but you guys communicate ba?
JADE : of course he calls me everyday.
NIKE : okay. But wait, if Yinka is really not coming let's just go out and have fun.
JADE : Yinka is possessive, he may not like the fact that I went out without him.
NIKE : haha, what is that...so you can't go out with me?
JADE : Nike, two is company, three is crowd...
NIKE : hey come on, were going to the pool. Moreover, Toyosi will be meeting with some friends while I'm at the pool, taking my swimming lessons.
JADE : really...
NIKE : yeah, let's go together.
JADE : (thinking about it).....hmm....
NIKE : let's go joor....

(Nike's boyfriend came and the three of them went out together....)

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment