Sunday 26 June 2016

TEST OF TIME (Episode 8)


Episode 8


(After Yinka took Jade to the market, he brought her back home and leaves for his place.

Jade unpack her things, freshens up and afterwards she calls Funmi...)

JADE : hey cousin...
RECEIVED : na wa for you o! See the time you're just calling me, are you just arriving Abuja?
JADE : I'm so sorry cousin...
RECEIVED : hmm you, love don shack you die. Na Yinka full that your head that's why you didn't call till now. Abi?
JADE : (laughing)....na you know o.
RECEIVED : I know you've been with Yinka since you got there, isn't it?
JADE : hmm...
RECEIVED : and he just left...abi?
JADE : no o, he left since o, I had to unpack, freshen up and all that...
RECEIVED : hmm...so you guys have being together since you got there?
JADE : yes.....
RECEIVED : hmm, lover girl...
JADE : we had lunch and went to the market to get food stuffs...
RECEIVED : that's true, how was the place?
JADE : not so good o, there are so many things I need to buy, I can't just afford them now.
RECEIVED : eyah....but...
JADE : (cuts in)....things are expensive here o...
RECEIVED : you should have known that....you told Yinka that you've not collected your salary for some months abi?
JADE : yeah...
RECEIVED : and he didn't offer to help you with the shopping?
JADE : haha....I didn't tell him because I wanted him to help o. Was just telling him why I can't get everything I need immediately.
RECEIVED : ehn....but haha...he should have been able to help nau, haba.....
JADE : I don't want him to help, is he making money for me. I will manage jare.
RECEIVED : wait my question is didn't he offer?
JADE : he didn't.
RECEIVED : hmmm......okay.
JADE : why the hmmm?
RECEIVED : let's wait and see sha, I don't want to conclude just yet.
JADE : hmm...Funmi, you've started with all this your intuition.
RECEIVED : let's just wait and see.
JADE : na you know. You didn't even ask me what you should have.
RECEIVED : what is that?
JADE : haha....was he not asking me out when he came to Lagos?
RECEIVED : yes, yes, yes! That's true so how far?
JADE : well....what do you think...
RECEIVED : you said yes?
JADE : hmm mm.
RECEIVED : wow! That's good o. So you guys are officially dating now abi?
JADE : Yelz Baby!
RECEIVED : that's cool. I wish you guys well. And I hope you'll enjoy your stay there.
JADE : thanks dear!
..................................................................


(Bimbo enjoyed her trip with Mark and they came back late sunday night....)

CHIOMA : babe! I heard about your trip..na wa o!
TARA : tell me everything that happened...
BIMBO : that guy is da bomb Tara! He was such a gentle man. Look what he got me...(She brings out all the knew stuffs she just got)
TARA : wow! Marks and Spencer undies, T M Lewin shirts...
CHIOMA : how much did you get the Gucci bag.....hey even the gucci sun glasses!
BIMBO : I just picked and Mark paid o. Wow!
TARA : wait o, this Mark guy, he's so rich o...
BIMBO : don't you know how much he's collecting?
TARA : tell me....(Sitting up)
BIMBO : as a manager, his monthly pay was more than a million naira.
TARA : are you serious?
BIMBO : I tell you. And now that he's the area manager, his salary will be increased.
TARA : no wonder the guy's got money to throw around.
CHIOMA : so he got you all these...
BIMBO : I tell you.
CHIOMA : hmm... I'm sure you guys must have had a very romantic night....(Winking at her)
BIMBO : let's just say I used this trip to test him.
CHIOMA : I don't get? You wanted to know how good he is in bed?
BIMBO : no joor. I wanted to know may be all he wanted from me was my body.
CHIOMA : (surprised) oh really?
BIMBO : yes.
CHIOMA : and.......?
BIMBO : we slept in the same room and he was totally gentle. He's ready to wait till I say 'I'm ready'
CHIOMA : wow!
TARA : Babe, you better forget about this your stingy Yomi and go for Mark.
CHIOMA : hmm...(Thinking)
BIMBO : I'll ask him some things before the next weekend, that will help me make up my mind.
CHIOMA : what will you ask him?
BIMBO : I want to know if he won't rush me like Yomi.
CHIOMA : and if he says he wants marriage immediately?
BIMBO : that's another thing o...but do you think he will? After all, I've told him the reason why I didn't allow Yomi propose that day. I don't think he will do the same thing.
CHIOMA : I hope so.
TARA : well if you ask me, I'd say you still play along with him, but set a timing for it.
BIMBO : how? I don't understand you.
TARA : if he says he wants a commitment, tell him you can't do that till....say... two or three years, abi?
CHIOMA : that's true o, instead of just sending all of them away...
BIMBO : hmmm.....(Thinking about it)
TARA : think it over.
BIMBO : why not pick Yomi then?
CHIOMA : okay wait, which one do you prefer? Yomi or Mark?
BIMBO : I don't know....Mark is caring, Yomi is too, Mark is earning way more than Yomi and he's ready to spend. Yomi's not earning much jare...
TARA : every girl wants a good future o, my dear, choose wisely...
CHIOMA : hmm.....
..................................................................

(Mark resumes at his new office and settles down. Some few days later he was talking to Hyke on the phone...)

MARK : guy, why you come vex like that on sunday nau?
RECEIVER : you fucked up nau....haha, how can you go to that kind of a place without having sex with that girl, all in the name of, you are taking your time. After spending all that money on her....
MARK : haba, trust me nau.... I know what I'm doing.
RECEIVER : I should trust you...
MARK : yes, because, its a food I want to eat for as long as I want, so I want to eat it with ease...
RECEIVER : this guy...
MARK : trust me nau. Just wait and see...
RECEIVER : okay....so how's it going?
MARK : very well thanks... She even sent me a message earlier on saying she wants us to talk...
RECEIVER : okay. I just hope all this thing you're doing for this girl is worth it...
MARK : believe me its. Moreover how much have I spent...its nothing.
RECEIVER : okay.

(Later that night, Mark and Bimbo went to a quiet place to talk....)

MARK : you sounded like what you wanted to say is so important...
BIMBO : yes it is.
MARK : tell me...
BIMBO : what exactly do you want from me
MARK : hmm....(Takes a deep breath)...I want you. Your totality. I want everything about you, your weaknesses, your imperfection, your irregularity, your everything. I want you. I want to make you happy. I want you by my side...
BIMBO : Mark you know I'm not ready for any commitment yet...
MARK : Babe, (holds her hand)....even though it pains me that you keep saying you don't want a commitment just yet, even though I've longed to hold you in my arms as my wife, as the only woman I want to share the rest of my life with....even though, I would love you to have my kids. Its so painful you don't want that yet. You're the smartest woman I know and I want my kids to have the kind of brain you have. You're a rare gem... So I'll wait till you're ready....whenever you're ready...
BIMBO : (surprised)...are you serious?
MARK : dead serious....
BIMBO : then its okay...
MARK : its okay.....? Does that mean you'll go out with me?
BIMBO : hmm mm...(Nodding her head)
MARK : oh my God....(he jumps up, shouting) I love youuuuu!!!!!!!
BIMBO : (laughing) hey....
MARK : (he grabs and kisses her).....you're such a darling
BIMBO : hmm....but wait a minute, I haven't told Yomi I'm through with him. I have to do that this weekend.
MARK : its okay....we have to celebrate this.....this is the happiest day of my life....
BIMBO : hmm....

(He later takes her home and immediately he gets home he calls Hyke again....)

MARK : guy! Didn't I tell you its worth it?
RECEIVER : what happened?
MARK : I got the girl!
RECEIVER : I don't get...
MARK : she's agreed to date me.
RECEIVER : haha...when?
MARK : just today o.
RECEIVER : how did it happen?
MARK : (he explains everything to him)...so things worked out just fine...
RECEIVER : just like that?
MARK : just like that.
RECEIVER : thumbs up man!
MARK : I told you my games are tight.
RECEIVER : you can say that again....
(They both laugh it off....)

..................................................................

(After Bimbo got home, she called Yomi...)

BIMBO : hi Yomi....
RECEIVER : Bimbo...its not fair, look at when you're calling me, since saturday...
BIMBO : I'm sorry, I've being really busy.
RECEIVER : okay. How have you being?
BIMBO : not so bad.
RECEIVER : Bimbo, I've not being myself. I've only being holding myself from calling you because you said you needed time to think.
BIMBO : we should be able to talk on saturday.
RECEIVER : this saturday?
BIMBO : yes.
RECEIVER : at my house abi?
BIMBO : em yes....
RECEIVER : alright, I hope you won't stand me up this time....
BIMBO : definitely not. I won't miss it for anything...
RECEIVER : thanks dear...
BIMBO : alright see you then...
RECEIVER : yes love. I love you so much....(The line went dead)
BIMBO : look at this guy o, saying I love you again....(Puts off her phone and drops it going to bed)
.................................................................

(Saturday morning Yomi woke up as early as 6 a.m to start preparing for Bimbo's visit again. This time around he got the flowers ready with the engagement ring in its little box inside it.

He ordered for food, delicious dishes, the ones Bimbo loves. He sets the table. When everything was set, he sat down waiting for her arrival. Lanre calls him...

CALLER : guy how's it going?
YOMI : very well man. I didn't forget anything this time.
CALLER : really?
YOMI : I tell you. That girl is all I see...
CALLER : so are you going to propose again?
YOMI : definitely I will o...
CALLER : okay...
YOMI : I've gotten everything ready.
CALLER : that's good.
YOMI : she'll be here anytime from now.
CALLER : okay.
YOMI : wish me luck...
CALLER : I wish you the best of luck...
YOMI : thanks man, I need that a lot.
CALLER : alright. We'll talk later then...
YOMI : yeah....bye...(He drops his phone and tries to rehearse his proposal line....)...sweetheart, the love of my life, the woman of my dreams, the woman of my life, the only woman whose nakedness I want to see for the rest of my life, the only woman that means the world to me, the only woman who makes every other woman look unattractive to me, the only woman capable of bearing my children, the only woman who can make me do the unusual, the only woman who brings out the best in me... Please be my wife...(Thinking about it)....is that line good at all....)

(As he sat down there thinking about what to say, he hears a knock at the door....)


To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment