Sunday 26 June 2016

TEST OF TIME ( Episode 7)

 

Episode 7

(Yinka takes Jade to a restaurant for lunch and they take their order. While eating...)
YINKA : so, what's going to happen to us now?
JADE : us?
YINKA : yes, Us. Now that you're in Abuja with me...can you make me happy?
JADE : haven't you been happy before now?
YINKA : since I came back from Lagos, no.
JADE : why? What happened?
YINKA : because the only woman I love seem to be else where and is not ready to give me a chance to Love her.
JADE : hmm....(Smiles)
YINKA : (holds her hand) please Jade give me a chance to love you. Let me show you how much I love you.
JADE : (smiles)...hmm...Yinka....
YINKA : yes?
JADE : its more complicated than you think.
YINKA : what else? Before it was the distance, now its a complication...
JADE : (cuts in) see, the thing is that, I don't believe in sex outside marriage.
YINKA : hmm mm...
JADE : yes.
YINKA : can you tell me what prompted that?
JADE : my Mum had me wen she was barely eighteen and my Dad left her and went away without saying a word. This is why I made up my mind never to have sexual relations with a man before marriage.
YINKA : so are you saying you've never had sex before?
JADE : hmm....yes.
YINKA : you mean all the guys you've dated in your life never had sex with you?
JADE : no they didn't.
YINKA : wait how many relationships have you had?
JADE : just two.
YINKA : and they never slept with you?
JADE : nope.
YINKA : (surprised) wow! You tried o.
JADE : its God jare. He didn't allow me fall into the hands of terrible guys.
YINKA : you can say that again. I mean, you're quite lucky....so about us...its okay if you don't want to have sex. We can cope.
JADE : hmm.....are you sure you want to do this?
YINKA : I'm positive. I love you. Sex is no biggie.
JADE : its not as easy as you'd think, especially with a guy like you who's had sex before.
YINKA : oh come on, when you love someone, all those will be unnecessary.
JADE : okay o.
YINKA : so what do you say? Is that a yes?
JADE : (smiles) hmm.
YINKA : hmm? What's hmm?
JADE : yes. 
YINKA : yes?
JADE : Yes
YINKA : (jumps up) yes! (Goes to hug her)....I'm the happiest man that lives!
JADE : haha...(Looking around) Yinka, stop, people are looking at you.
YINKA : (looks around)...let them... Wow! I can't believe this is happening to me. First, God brought you to me, secondly, you say yes...its like I've won a million dollars!
JADE : (laughing) you're so funny...
YINKA : I'm so happy I can't even eat again...
JADE : (laughs)....you better start gulping it down.
YINKA : (laughing) I definitely will... So I should take you to the market abi? You may need to get some stuffs.
JADE : hmm...just food stuffs may be. I've not been paid for about three months now.
YINKA : what! Are you serious! That's preposterous! Why didn't they pay you?
JADE : our company is going through a difficult time now.
YINKA : but why? I heard that telecommunication companies are doing very well...
JADE : yeah, the GSM companies are doing fine, but those operating the land line are going down the drain.
YINKA : why is that?
JADE : you know originally, calls on land line is usually cheaper in per minute rate than GSM lines
YINKA : yes. I know people prefer to call for N20 per second then.
JADE : exactly. You see, then companies running a land line then were really making their money. But now that GSM companies are now charging 5k per second, that rate is less than N15...
YINKA : even N8 atimes.
JADE : exactly. So people don't patronize land line anymore. Even international calls are cheaper on GSM now.
YINKA : na wa o.
JADE : in fact before I came here, about 7 people were retrenched at our Lagos office.
YINKA : oh my God....
JADE : that's how we saw it o. So I have to cut down my spending.
YINKA : hmm...
JADE : I'll just get a few food stuffs. Hopefully, they will pay me...
YINKA : yes they should, knowing you are just being transferred to another state.
JADE : yes.
YINKA : alright. Let's go. I'll take you to where you can get things at a cheaper rate.
JADE : thanks! I'll appreciate that.
..................................................................
Hyke, Mark and Bimbo went to the resort to have a nice weekend. Hyke had gone with one of his girls. When they got to the resort. They went to the reception to get their keys...
BIMBO : (looking around)...God, this place is beautiful!
HYKE : you can say that again...Mark, here's your key...(Handing a key to Mark)
MARK : (collects the key)...okay thanks...
HYKE : see you guys later...(Leaves with his girl)
MARK : (Turns to Bimbo) let's go...
BIMBO : (turns to Mark) wait a minute, are we going to be staying in the same room?
MARK : of course nau...
BIMBO : but how can you do that? Its not as if we're a couple yet...
MARK : come on Bimbo, its not like I'm bringing you to a hotel room to sleep with you...you're the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with, so why should I stay in a diffrent room from yours?
BIMBO : yes...but I was thinking I'd get my own room.
MARK : (laughs) do you know how much it is to make a reservation here? Its 300k o. 300k for a night!
BIMBO : are you serious!
MARK : do you want to ask the receptionist?
BIMBO : wow! 
MARK : Hyke has done a lot getting us a room for two nights. All the expenses we incur here will be on me. Just buy whatever you want and eat whatever you want, okay.
BIMBO : (smiles) alright..thanks.
MARK : so can we go to our room now?
BIMBO : yes, let's go.
(They leave for the room. When they entered inside...)
BIMBO : (checking round)..oh my God..this place is awesome! The room is so big...there's even a water bed apart from the main bed. Wow! I just love this place...(She checks every part of the room)
MARK : I hope like it.
BIMBO : like it? I love it.
MARK : I want to explore every part of it. The lawn tennis court, the park, the gulf and polo club, every part of it..
BIMBO : wow...
MARK : they have a store that's got a department for different collection. 
BIMBO : really?
MARK : yes. Don't worry we'll visit the place.
BIMBO : hmm...and toiletries?
MARK : toiletries are available in all the rooms nau, didn't you see them?
BIMBO : yeah, but sanitary towel?
MARK : (shocked and disappointed but didn't show it).....oh that, you should get it in the store too.
BIMBO : okay...thanks (goes to hug him) you're such a darling!....I'll go and freshen up now.
MARK : okay....
(While Bimbo was freshening up, Mark leaves the room to call Hyke...)
MARK : guy, this girl wan spoil show for me today o.
RECEIVER : wetin happen?
MARK : she dey on her period o.
RECEIVER : what! 
MARK : I tell you.
RECEIVER : sorry o, she really spoil show for you, man!
MARK : trust me, I'll play the nice guy till I'm there. At first she didn't like the fact that we'll be staying in the same room o.
RECEIVER : haha...see this girl o...does she think its a N20,000 room?
MARK : no mind am. I had to sweet talk her.
RECEIVER : hmm...na your cross o, make you carry am. Better still for the rest of your life...(Laughs)
MARK : you know serious! Even our Lord Jesus no carry Him cross go grave.
RECEIVER : anyway I'll just freshen up and meet you guys at the lobby.
MARK : alright....(Cuts the call)
(After sometime Bimbo comes out of the room, in a towel but couldn't find Mark, as she was calling out for him he enters...)
MARK : oh my God...(Looking at her body) you are so beautifully made...(He moves closer to her)
BIMBO : (smiles)...hmm
MARK : (holds her hand kisses it)...behold the most beautiful thing I've ever seen... You are wonderfully made...(he moves closer to her holding her)...you're a goddess...(He holds and kisses her as he moves his hand down on her body... Bimbo moves away as he caresses her..)
BIMBO : I'm sorry Mark, we can't do this now.... I'm on my period that's why I was looking for you.
MARK : its okay. I'll wait. I'll wait till you're ready.
BIMBO : thanks...I'll appreciate that a lot.
MARK : so which one should I get you? I mean which sanitary towel?
BIMBO : tampon? Just ask for tampon.
MARK : tampon, you know I've not done this for anybody before, so I have no idea.
BIMBO : (laughs)...I know. Just tell them you need any type of tampon.
MARK : alright...anything else?
BIMBO : hmm....(Thinking about it)....I didn't bring any clothes to change into. You can get me that too. Then I can go get the rest myself.
MARK : alright then...I'll be back....(He gives her a peck and leaves)
BIMBO : okay.....(After Mark left, she picks her phone to call her friend....)Hello, Tara...
RECEIVER : babe! Sup with you!
BIMBO : I'm good. We're here already.
RECEIVER : wow! That was fast.
BIMBO : yes o.
RECEIVER : so how is it going?
BIMBO : hmm....Mark has been so sweet...
RECEIVER : hmm mm...
BIMBO : he's being pampering me like mad. You can't imagine, he went to get me sanitary towel.
RECEIVER : its a lie!
BIMBO : I'm telling you...
RECEIVER : are you serious? Its only a guy in love that will do that for a girl!
BIMBO : I'm dead serious. He's being so sweet...his friend booked the same room for us.
RECEIVER : really?
BIMBO : yes o.
RECEIVER : so tell me, how's it gonna be tonight then?
BIMBO : I'm testing him o. I told him I'm on my period so as to know what kind of man he is and he's really being gentle. He left the room for me to dress up and when he wanted to start the thing, I told him I'm on my period and he said he'll wait till I'm ready. Isn't  he so sweet.....
RECEIVER : if you ask me, I'd say dis guy is so crazy about you o...
BIMBO : we'll see about that this weekend.
RECEIVER : hmm... My dear enjoy yourself o.
BIMBO : haba nau, trust me...
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment