Sunday 26 June 2016

TEST OF TIME


Episode 9


Yomi and the other hand is so devastated. He keeps calling Bimbo but she wouldn't pick his calls. He couldn't get himself together after Bimbo left him. He couldn't concentrate on his work. While Bimbo and Mark kept enjoying a sweet romance...

One weekend at Bimbo's house, her friends are home with her...)

TARA : look Bimbo, its a good thing you're home today, you may get to see the way that you ex-boyfriend keeps coming here every weekend to disturb us.
BIMBO : e tire me o. He keeps calling my line since we broke up. What's wrong with him, can't he just be himself and take it like a man? Haha!
TARA : the other day Annette had to beg him to stop embarrassing himself here. He kept saying he wants to beg you. And Annette doesn't want to tell him you're seeing some else yet. And that you've gone out with him.
BIMBO : if that's what will make him stop coming, we better do.
TARA : the first time he came he sat down here from morning till night. If not that you slept over at Mark's place, you would have seen him.
BIMBO : what is wrong with him sef, haa! He should leave me nau! Abi, is it by force?
TARA : abeg, forget am jare. How is Mark?
BIMBO : hmm....my dear Mark is the best thing that can happen to any girl o. He's been showering me with so much love ehn.....we're even planning our leave together to spend it in Paris. I will shop ehn!
TARA : I trust you.

(Just then, they hear the door bell ring)

BIMBO : who could that be?
TARA : I'm dead sure its your Ex.
BIMBO : are you sure?
TARA : let's go and see nau....(Standing up from her seat) let's go. Just don't open the door o, if not, that means we're getting a guest we cannot send away for the rest of the weekend...
BIMBO : okay o...(going towards the door)
TARA : (peeping through the window) who is that?
YOMI : its me.
TARA : you who?
YOMI : Yomi. Please is Bimbo at home?
TARA : this man! How many times will I tell you that Bimbo doesn't stay here anymore haha...
YOMI : I know she does, she only doesn't want to see me. I've seen her car there again.
TARA : oh my God, this man, respect yourself and leave this place nau. Bimbo doesn't want to see you.
YOMI : I've not seen her since the last time we spoke, just let me talk to her please, I beg you.
TARA : see, I will pour urine on you o, haha, is it by force!
(Bimbo keeps listening to their conversation, then she taps Tara to come into the kitchen...)
BIMBO : let him come in first. I will tell him I'm dating someone else myself.
TARA : what if he doesn't go after that?
BIMBO : I believe he will.
TARA : are you sure?
BIMBO : yes.
TARA : okay.
(They open the door for him and as he enters and see Bimbo, he runs to hug her)
YOMI : sweetheart, I knew you were in! How are you? I've really missed you. Did your friends tell you I've been coming here, I've being coming here to beg you to reconsider and let's come back together...hmm please...(He kneels down)...my love, let's leave the past behind us, please. I will do everything you want me to do, just tell me...
BIMBO : are you sure you'll do everything I ask for?
YOMI : yes.
BIMBO : promise?
YOMI : I promise you....(Still on his knees)
BIMBO : good. I want you to forget about me. Forget I exist.
YOMI : but....sweetheart, I thought you wanted to give me your condition for coming back....
BIMBO : you said you'll do anything I want didn't you?
YOMI : yes but...
BIMBO : (cuts in) no buts Yomi. Its is over, over! I'm not in love with you anymore.
YOMI : but Bimbo, you can't do this, after all we've done together...
BIMBO : (laughs) what did we do together o? what? You're too stingy! You're stingy! I need a man that is not tight fisted like you!
YOMI : but.....okay if that's the case I'll change, please, let's just come back together.
BIMBO : no. No, we can't. Please go.
YOMI : please Bimbo, there's room for amendment...
BIMBO : no, there's no room for that because I'm dating someone else now.
YOMI : that's a lie. I know you're just saying that to make me leave.
BIMBO : you feel I'm lying?
YOMI : let's just forget this issue and come back together, please Love.
BIMBO : and I said no....leave my house, I want to sleep.
(Just then Bimbo's sister Bukky enters)
BUKKY : hey Mr Man, can't you hear simple english? Leave, you're disturbing.
TARA : please respect yourself and leave this place.
BIMBO : Yomi, please leave.
(Yomi leaves quietly seeing that the three girls are almost embarrassing him. As he was leaving, they all started laughing)
TARA : omo, this guy na die hard o...
BUKY : I was here the other day, you guys said he was disturbing you...you should have called me, I know how to do the work of a bouncer very well...
TARA : (laughing)...where are the biseps...?
..................................................................

(Jade and Yinka became inseparable in Abuja. They spend very vacant time together, most especially weekends.

Jade calls up her Mum one evening...)

JADE : Mum I still had that dream again o.
RECEIVER : what did your pastor say about it?
JADE : he said I should keep praying. But I'm in a relationship now.
RECEIVER : my dear, I don't pray for you to make a mistake in marriage o, so keep praying like he said...the boy you're in a relationship with, how is he?
JADE : he's a nice guy. And the way pastor talked that day, it was more like the guy I'm dating now is not the right man for me...
RECEIVER : hmm mm, so he's so nice and caring abi?
JADE : yes Mum. And he doesn't deserve an heartbreak o. I don't think I can make him suffer.
RECEIVER : how do you feel about him?
JADE : I love him o.
RECEIVER : look, my dear, I love your father too, yet he did what he did to me. You only know your mind, you can never predict other's...
JADE : but Mum, he agreed we won't have sex o...
RECEIVER : that doesn't make him right for you...okay let me give you a prayer point I heard from a woman in church yesterday...she said when she was still courting, she prayed this prayer to God then lo and behold her fiancé left her. Months later, another man came and she married him, few years later she found out that the man that left her, got married to another lady and left her barely two years after the marriage and eloped with another woman. Now, that would have happened to her if she had married that man. But to God be the glory, after 23 years, she is still happily married to a man that cherishes and treats her like an egg.
JADE : hmm....what was the prayer point Mum?
RECEIVER : that 'Oh Lord, if I'm in the wrong relationship, let the man himself end it and bring the right man my way'
JADE : haha...why does it have to be the man that will end it? Can't she do it herself?
RECEIVER : well dear, sometimes in this life, you get what you give to others. That's why they say, do unto others what you would want them do to you. If you break someone's heart without any good reason, someone will break your heart too. Its a give and take thing. So if she should end it, she should be ready because the next person she dates, or someone she really loves too will do the same to her.
JADE : hmmmm...... Life...
RECEIVER : yes o, this life is all about karma. So my dear, keep praying that prayer.
JADE : thanks Mum, I will.
RECEIVER : alright. How is that place now?
JADE : in fact Mum, its not been easy o. No sales again at the office. Even our modem that was still selling is no more purchased. In fact, my salary hasn't being paid yet.
RECEIVER : oh my God! how have you being coping then?
JADE : I've been spending my savings o. In fact I've almost exhausted it.
RECEIVER : my God...
JADE : in fact, I've written application to other places for job.
RECEIVER : hmmm....it is well...I'll keep praying for you.
JADE : thanks Mum.
RECEIVER : okay. Take care of you.
JADE : yes Mum, good bye....(Drops the call and dials Funmi's number)....hello?
RECEIVER : hmm....Abuja Babe, nawa o. You just forget us for Lagos...
JADE : (laughing)...no o nau, haba..
RECEIVER : that's the fact. How's everything?
JADE : well, just there o.
RECEIVER : come sef, the building of your former office here has been sold o. My company was even the one that bought the building...
JADE : things have not going down well o. Do you know I've not been paid yet?
RECEIVER : oh my God! Its a lie!
JADE : I tell you. I've almost exhausted my savings o.
RECEIVER : haha! What are they saying?
JADE : what else? That we should be patient.
RECEIVER : haa! Patient till when? Its like this people want to frusrrate you guys out of that place o.
JADE : that's what everybody is saying o. In fact I'm fed up. I've written applications to other companies sha.
RECEIVER : better o, because you can't just keep waiting for them.
JADE : it is well jare.
RECEIVER : what of Yinka? He should be helping you out...
JADE : well he buys me lunch every saturday and gives me transport fare whenever I go to his place.
RECEIVER : what kind of nonsense are you saying? Is that the kind of help we're talking about?
JADE : what else do you want him to do? Na him send me come Abuja ni?
RECEIVER : see, that's why we're always fighting o. He's your boyfriend isn't he? Then he should help. Come, e be like say this guy dey stingy o...
JADE : Funmi, you know I've never been interested in any guy's money?
RECEIVER : notwithstanding, he shouldn't even allow you feel the effect of the whole thing.
JADE : Funmi, I will make my own money, don't bother yourself.
RECEIVER : hmm...okay o.

..................................................................

Yomi is at the office with Lanre....

LANRE : guy, Mr Briggs complained about your work o. He said your mistakes are becoming too much.
YOMI : it is?
LANRE : yes and this is so unlike you. For Christ's sake, you're the one that corrects mistakes but now its the other way round. You need to do something about it o.
YOMI : I will. Its just that things are somehow now.
LANRE : Yomi, this started happening after that girl broke up with you. I've told you to pull yourself together, don't let this thing affect you.
YOMI : I'm working on it. Once I settle with her I'll be okay...
LANRE : what did you just say! The same girl that has embarrassed you so many times! The same girl whose friends treated you like a rag?
YOMI : they're just protective of Bimbo that's why.
LANRE : come, are you sure you're okay? This thing has started affecting your brain o.
YOMI : its not. After all, Bimbo is still there?
LANRE : what made you think she's not seeing someone else?
YOMI : no she's not! She can't.
LANRE : how are you sure?
YOMI : she hasn't started seeing anybody.
LANRE : but you told me she said she is...
YOMI : (cuts in)..she only said that to make me leave. After all she just broke up, it should take her a while before dating someone else....
LANRE : oh....you think so?
YOMI : that's the truth.
LANRE : okay. Just be careful, don't loose your job on her account.
YOMI : thanks...(He leaves)
LANRE : (solilogizing)...see this guy o....a girl that broke up with you heartlessly and embarrassed you before your friends, yet you're still trying to get her back.....its been over two months now since she broke up o, yet he doesn't want to give up...... E be like say he don dey run mad o....
..................................................................

(Mike and Yinka are relaxing at the pool....)

MIKE : wow! How I miss this....its been a while we hung out o.
YINKA : yes o.
MIKE : now-a-days its your babe you hang out with, you just forget your guy.
YINKA : shey bi I don remember you today nau...
MIKE : hmm because she no comot with you today abi? How is she sef.
YINKA : She's trying to get another job.
MIKE : oh you told me about her job, I can remember....
YINKA : in fact, the situation of that company is so pathetic. I thought she was working in a better telecoms before, I didn't know its this almost-dead company.
MIKE : eyah...
YINKA : she's as good as jobless. Or what is the essence of working when there's no pay....
MIKE : I understand....its such a pity....why didn't you even see her today sef?
YINKA : the company wants to sell the company house where she's staying. So they asked them to relocate to any where they can.
MIKE : I don't understand? They asked them to move? To where now?....(Sitting up)
YINKA : our guess is, they're trying to frustrate them out of the system. And she doesn't want to leave because they're owing her about six months salary or so.
MIKE : my God, how has she being surviving? Anyway, you're there sha....so what will she do?
YINKA : she moved into her friends place. That one has a family here and the place is okay.
MIKE : na wa o. How is she taking it?
YINKA : well she's strong. She's searching for another job now. She and her colleagues have decided not to go to work again. But they want to stick around for their pay. Or what's the essence of taking bus to work everyday when there's no salary in sight?
MIKE : na wa o... My regards to her o.
YINKA : thanks jare.
..................................................................


(Jade and Nike in the room she just settled into....)

JADE : Mum just called me that I should go back to Lagos.
NIKE : please don't go, please you may still get a job here.
JADE : I can't even go, my name has being recorded at Abuja office, if we want to protest or something for our money, it will be here not in lagos. I can't be going and coming.
NIKE : that's true.
JADE : and then Yinka is there. I can't just leave him like that.
NIKE : abi o. Don't worry, you'll be fine here.... My Dad's friend said I should come over to his office. I'm finally going back to do the job I rejected in first place.
JADE : eyah....you're lucky. You have a job already. I am still searching...
NIKE : don't worry, God will get you a better job.
JADE : thanks for taking me in jare....(Hugs her)
NIKE : you're welcome....(Hugging Jade)

..................................................................

(Its christmas season, this particular weekend, Yomi dresses up gorgeously, buys a christmas gift and walks to Bimbo house. Bimbo was in with Mark and some of her friends...)

TARA : see o, Mark you're too much! You got everyone of us a gift....thank you jare.
MARK : (smiling)....its my pleasure...
BIMBO : Mark is a sweetheart...didn't I tell you guys?
BUKY : Bros! You be correct guy jare!
CHIOMA : (hears the knock)...someone is at the door....(Goes to open the door)....hi....em.....(Trying to speak gently)
YOMI : hi. Please is Bimbo home?
CHIOMA : no she's not home....(Talking silently)
YOMI : (he shouts Bimbo's name)..Bimbo! Bimbo!
BIMBO : who's that?....Chioma who is it?
YOMI : (hearing Bimbo faintly)..Bimbo its me!
CHIOMA : (turns to Bimbo) its your Ex.
BIMBO : let him in...
CHIOMA : (winks at her that Mark is here)...he should?
BIMBO : yes let him!
CHIOMA : are you sure?
BIMBO : Chioma I said let him in. He asked for it and he will see it....(She moves closer to Mark)...
YOMI : (enters, looking at those in the sitting room)...em...hi....(They didn't answer him)...sweetheart, merry...(Then he sees the way she wraps herself round Mark)
BIMBO : Yomi, how many times will I tell you not to come here again?
YOMI : Bimbo, who is this?...(Pointing at Mark)
BUKY : come, Mr man, are you blind or something? Can't you see he's her fiancé?
YOMI : that's not true....(Moves towards Bimbo) you're just using him to spite me right? Tell me its not true....
BIMBO : (turns to Mark)...sweetheart, please tell this guy we're together.
YOMI : (looks at Mark)...You!...(Trying to recall the face)....I know you....(He tries to recall where he'd seen the face before)....Bimbo, are you really in a relationship?
BUKY : are you so foolish? So foolish you can't see that?
YOMI : (turns to Bukky) please don't insult me.
BUKY : if you don't want insults then don't barge into places you're not appreciated. You disgust her, so leave. Have some dignity and leave!
TARA : oga abeg, comot make you leave space for better person....
(Seeing the situation of things, Yomi walks out silently...

They all started laughing...)
TARA : look at him, he no get shame, haha, make man dey beg woman like that!
CHIOMA : na love him dey love nau.
BUKY : that one no be love, na stupidity! If my brother do that kain thing, I go slap am!
(They all laugh it off....)

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment