Wednesday 13 July 2016

TEST OF TIME Ep36

Episode 36

(Yinka could not believe his ears as Jade talks to him, but he tired to compose himself...)
YINKA : Jade, so you harbor all this in your heart while we were dating and you didn't tell me?
JADE : (laughs)...wait can you remember how you constantly nagged about my joblessness? Can you remember?
YINKA : but...
JADE : (cuts in)...please! Its my time to talk. You know I always allowed you talk abi? You kept saying I should get myself a job, stop being stagnant, get moving bla bla bla...remember those words of yours...
YINKA : I was only being concerned about you.
JADE : I see, You were being concerned about me? And that's the best way to show it?
YINKA : well that was how I knew how to. And you should have told me it was wrong.
JADE : oh please! (Walks away)...Put yourself in my shoes....let's assume we were married and you have no job, if I decide to mount pressures on you like that, how will you feel? Will I not push you into doing something drastic?
YINKA : (dumbfounded at first)....Jade....(He walks up to her)...I'm really sorry. I thought I was giving you the necessary push that you needed.
JADE : yeah right.
YINKA : I'm really sorry.
JADE : well I have nothing against you, but your apology is coming in rather too late. The deed is done already.
YINKA : please forgive me.
JADE : hey...I'm a better person now. I'm happy all your nagging didn't push me into getting a job at all 'cost', thanks to God.
YINKA : please take back the cheque.
JADE : oh...that's for you. Just use it to have fun.
YINKA : but you're paying me back all I gave you....
JADE : well...do you blame me? You were about telling all what you did for me yourself...(She paused, looking at him as he becomes so humble)....anyway, I've written the cheque already, just take it.
YINKA : no, I can't accept it...(He drops it on the table)....I'll leave you to rest now.
JADE : (takes a deep breath)....thanks, that's so thoughtful of you.
YINKA : hope you're still using your old number?
JADE : yes I am.
YINKA : and you'll pick my calls if I call you?
JADE : of course, why not? I definitely will.
YINKA : alright...I'll be on my way now. Take care.
JADE : have fun.
(Yinka wanted to hug her but, he held himself back and leaves.
After Yinka left, Nate also leaves for his room while Jade goes into the bedroom to call Yomi, but he had slept off. So she sleeps too.
Meanwhile, Yinka goes back to the party and talks to Mike....)
MIKE : how did it go?
YINKA : I messed up Mike. I really messed up. I shouldn't have nagged the way I did. I didn't know it pained her that much.
MIKE : really?
YINKA : yes. Could you believe she wanted to pay me back for all I gave and did for her. All the money I ever gave her...
MIKE : really?
YINKA : I tell you. She gave me a cheque of 500k.
MIKE : (surprised)...are you serious?
YINKA : yes.
MIKE : but did you spend up to that on her?
YINKA : did I?
MIKE : I was wondering...
YINKA : never even spent up to 30k on her.
MIKE : oops! so where's the cheque?
YINKA : you expect me to collect it from her?
MIKE : oh...I thought you did...
YINKA : no I didn't. I want her not the cheque.
MIKE : (laughs)....really?
YINKA : yes...(Looks at Mark with disgust)...so what's funny?
MIKE : wanting her back.
YINKA : why not? She's forgiven me for all the anger.
MIKE : and the guy with her, what will you do about him?
YINKA : which guy?
MIKE : the one that's so glued to her.
YINKA : oh that? He's just her lawyer. She introduced us.
MIKE : oh....that's good then.
YINKA : hmm mm.
MIKE : so what do you want to do now?
YINKA : I'll get in touch with her.
MIKE : what if she doesn't want you back?
YINKA : if she could fall in love with me then, I can make her fall in love with me again.
MIKE : better go and think of a good strategy.
YINKA : I definitely will. I won't let her go this time.
MIKE : you still love her?
YINKA : I never stopped loving her. In fact I fell in love with her again seeing her this night. She's more beautiful now. If you see her skin, her lips, her eyes now...I felt like kissing her all over.
MIKE : hmmm....I hope you can...
YINKA : if we should patch things up, I'll propose immediately.
MIKE : wow! That's more like it!
YINKA : yes o.
............................................................................
(The following day, Jade lands at the lagos local airport and Yomi comes to pick her up.)
YOMI : (hugging her)...sweetie...how are you?
JADE : I'm fine love...I missed you madly.
YOMI : I missed you too...let's go home...(Leading her to the car)
JADE : I've got a lot to gist you about.
YOMI : really....
JADE : yeah...(She tells him all that happened with Yinka)...
YOMI : its good you guys patched things up.
JADE : hmm...
YOMI : and its good I wasn't there.
JADE : why?
YOMI : you may not have spared the time to talk to him because of me.
JADE : that's true.
YOMI : anyway, that apart, we have just one more take over before our wedding.
JADE : yes, about that, they're not organising a party for that anymore.
YOMI : why?
JADE : because I'm fed up of this 'everybody-meeting-you of a thing. We can do it without the press showing up.
YOMI : is that what you want?
JADE : yes. I don't like the popularity.
YOMI : okay. If that's what you want...so how do we do it?
JADE : I can just get to meet the management. They don't have to do a public announcement of the change of ownership.
YOMI : hmm...okay. I just can't wait for us to get married....
JADE : me too.
YOMI : I'm taking you out for dinner tonight.
JADE : really!
YOMI : yeah...
JADE : I'd love that...
............................................................................
(The following monday, Yinka and Mike are at work during lunch...)
MIKE : so how far? have you called Jade?
YINKA : no I've not.
MIKE : why not visit her?
YINKA : she's gone back nau.
MIKE : I know. I mean you should visit her in Lagos.
YINKA : I don't know her house.
MIKE : what!...(Sits up)... You mean all the time you guys dated you never knew her house?
YINKA : at all.
MIKE : wait, is that a joke?
YINKA : that's the truth.
MIKE : wait, didn't you go to lagos throughout the time you dated?
YINKA : I did.... but I didn't have the time to go to her house.
MIKE : (laughs mockingly)...eee! This guy. So when you spent about a week in lagos, you didn't go to her house at all?
YINKA : then she was always coming to see me at the hotel and we had not started dating then.
MIKE : and when you guys were dating?
YINKA : hmm.....I was in Lagos before, during and after easter...
MIKE : ehn ehn nau....and I can remember you saying she also came to Lagos for easter then. Didn't you go to her house?
YOMI : no I didn't.
MIKE : was she the one that didn't allow you to come or what?
YINKA : no. She once invited me but I just didn't want to go.
MIKE : eeee...na wa for you o. So now that you need to get back with her what will you do? Because if you now say you want to come to her house, I'm sure she won't allow you.
YINKA : that's true....(Thinks about it)...may be I will tell my sister to help out.
MIKE : do they know each other?
YINKA : yes nau, they sat together at the conference and my sister took a liken to her immediately. They do call and talk on phone.
MIKE : okay, she should be able to help out then.
YINKA : yes. I'll talk to her.
..............................................................................
(The following day, Yomi went home, knowing that Sola, his sister will be home for the christmas holiday. He calls her privately and tells her about Jade...)
SOLA : oh my God! You mean Jade has become a multimillionaire over night?
YOMI : multimillionaire ke? Multi-billionaire!
SOLA : my God! see now, I told you then o, when you were avoiding her. You kept complaining that you're spending too much on her.
YINKA : Sola stop talking about the past now, let's move forward. You need to help me.
SOLA : what made you think she's not dating someone else now?
YINKA : I don't think she is. When she came to Abuja, she came with her lawyer. If she was dating someone, the guy would have definitely come with her.
SOLA : and she isn't dating the lawyer?
YINKA : no she isn't. If not she would have introduced him as her fiancé or something.
SOLA : haa you really messed up big time!
YINKA : I know I did. So will you help me?
SOLA : haa me I can't o. What do you want me to do? I can't. Just forget about her.
YINKA : haha! That's not fair. How can you treat your brother like that!
SOLA : didn't I tell you when you were acting all macho and stingy!
YINKA : I wasn't stingy...come don't start insulting me o!...(Raising his voice)
SOLA : ehn go and talk to her yourself nau haha!
(Their mother overheard their discussion and interferes..)
Y's MUM : what's going on here?
SOLA : Mum, its your son o...(She explains everything that happened to her)
Y's MUM : oh my God Yinka! Haaa! So this was what I dreamt about!
SOLA : (surprised)...what dream?
Y's MUM : I had a dream that he was carrying a box, after a while he got tired of carrying it and so he dropped it. Not long after he dropped it, another man carried it and opened it.... lo and behold there were different treasures inside the box!
SOLA : you see! That's it.
Y's MUM : so that girl we saw the day we came to his house was.....oh my God!
SOLA : Mum if you had gotten close to this girl you would have loved her ehn. She's so nice and caring. Very intelligent too. When I met her at that youth conference I respected her courage. See now, your son has lost her because of the little money he didn't want to spend on her...
Y's MUM : no, he will not loose her by God's grace.
YINKA : that's why I'm telling her to help me Mum, please talk to Sola.
SOLA : me, I can't help you o. If you're dating someone, ain't you suppose to be supportive? I told him then o.....anyway, case settled.
Y's MUM : (turns to Yinka)...Olayinka do you still love her?
YINKA : yes Mum I do. I was only trying to straighten her out then so that she can work harder on getting a job.
SOLA : yeah right!
Y's MUM : (turns to Sola)...Sola please help him get her back, since you can do it. After all you also like her.
YINKA : and she will benefit from our reunion o.
SOLA : even if you don't go back to her, Jade is a nice girl she won't hold back from helping me. I trust her.
Y's MUM : Sola at least help your brother. If after you've tried your best she doesn't come back to him, then it will be in record that you helped, okay...
SOLA : (thinks about it)...okay Mum.
YINKA : thanks Mum!...(Hugs his mother)....thanks baby girl...(Hugs Sola)
SOLA : so what do you want me to do?
YINKA : (sits beside her)...this is what you will do...
.............................................................................
(The few days later, Jade was home with Yomi and the representative of the event planning company....)
YOMI : so this is the only hall available for that day?...(Looking at the picture)
REP : yes sir.
YOMI : (turns to Jade)...do you like it?
JADE : its not bad...how much is it?
REP : you may want to come and check it out before hearing the price.
JADE : its okay just tell us how much.
REP : its 2.5million
JADE : halls on the island are always very expensive. Where exactly did you say its located? I hope it has a good parking space (as she was talking her phone rings).... excuse me (she picks the call....).....hello
CALLER : hello Jade
JADE : may I know who I'm speaking with?
CALLER : gues nau...
JADE : ha...I should guess...please remind me, please...
CALLER : okay, this is Sola.
JADE : Sola....Sola...whIch Sola?
CALLER : Sola Badmus.
JADE : (she screams)..oh my! Longest time! How have you been?
CALLER : I'm very good....na wa o, you didn't even ask of me again? You've even deleted my number, Is it because you and my brother are no more dating?
JADE : haba...no nau. Its not like that. I changed my phone that's why your number is not here. And I've been busy that's why. I've not being around. Didn't your brother tell you? I saw him last weekend nau....
CALLER : yes he told me. And I'm so happy for you.
JADE : thanks darling...so what's up with school?
CALLER : I'm almost through o, in fact I should have finished if not for the strike.
JADE : eyah...so you're just home abi?
CALLER : yes o. I was even planning to come to Lagos.
JADE : really?
CALLER : yes o. I'm coming to see a friend.
JADE : then make sure you come and visit me. How many days are you spending?
CALLER : I'll be there till 30th, from 24th sha.
JADE : that's cool! So when should I be expecting you?
CALLER : when do you want me to come?
JADE : anytime you want Babe! Just tell me when you'll be around, I'll tell someone to pick you up, okay?
CALLER : okay. I'll let you know when I'm coming...
JADE : alright then.
CALLER : wow..its so nice to hear your voice again o.
JADE : same here dear. How's everyone at home? Mum, Dad and your younger ones?
CALLER : they're all fine o...
JADE : don't worry, I'll even call you before you come down sef.
CALLER : that will be nice! I'll be expecting your call then.
JADE : alright dear have a wonderful day....
CALLER : you too.
JADE : bye....(She hangs up and turns to Yomi)....guess who that is?
CALLER : who is it?
JADE : Yinka's sister.
YOMI : really?
JADE : yes, she wants to come to lagos.
YOMI : I heard you saying something like that...
JADE : ouch! I didn't even ask you if she can come...oh my...
YOMI : why not?.....its okay...she can. you really don't need to ask me that...after all, it wasn't like she gave you time to think about it, and if you tell her you'll get back to her, she'll think you don't want her to come.
JADE : notwithstanding I should have asked you.
YOMI : Baby...(Holds her hand)...its okay. The fact that she's your Ex's sister doesn't make her an enemy does it?
JADE : hmm....thanks for being so understanding....(She hugs him)
YOMI : (smiles while hugging her)...hmm mm.
JADE : did I tell you Mum, Dad and everyone at home will be coming here for christmas.
YOMI : you told me you were going to talk to her but you didn't tell me she has agreed.
JADE : she agreed, but they're coming on 24th and going back on the 26th. Dad will be organizing his usual christmas party during the weekend.
YOMI : christmas is on Wednesday nau.
JADE : yes, they'll be here tuesday and going back on thursday morning. They just want to celebrate christmas with me for the first time before I get married.
YOMI : hmm...I see.
JADE : so Mum will come back after the new year to help with the wedding.
YOMI : okay....
JADE : so, about the hall....
...........................................................................
(Meanwhile Yinka was the one that told Sola to call Jade....)
YINKA : so what did she say....(Feeling very anxious)...
SOLA : she said I'm most welcomed.
YINKA : yes!...(Jumping up)....
SOLA : so what's next?
YINKA : you'll call her back say.....on monday, telling her that your  friend won't be around.
SOLA : haha! Why?
YINKA : remember we just made that call to know if she'll allow you come to her house.
SOLA : hmm mm?
YINKA : and its not like we have anybody you can stay with there...
SOLA : ehn ehn....
YINKA : so now that we know that she wants you to come over, you will tell her that you can't come again because your friend won't be around. That way, she will be like....' So you can't come to lagos because of me abi"? Then you'll be like "okay, I'll come"
SOLA : so what's the essence of that?(Confused)
YINKA : so that you can sleep over at her place, dummy!
SOLA : hmmm...
YINKA : yes...
SOLA : so....(Sits up)..... wait, what if she doesn't say all that? What if she just says...."Oh...eyah, okay may be next time"
YINKA : no she won't say that.
SOLA : what if she does?
YINKA : then we'll call her back and say "hey change of plans! I'm coming over! My friend said she cancelled because of me"....
SOLA : your head is so full of....(In her thought: shit!)....
YINKA : full of what?
SOLA : (chuckles mockingly)...tricks.
YINKA : trust your brother nau...my head dey there!
SOLA : and then what do we do? Where will I sleep? Because she may be expecting me to stay at my friend's
YINKA : we continue with our plan...
SOLA : so where will I sleep?
YINKA : we'll get a room nau.
SOLA : ehn! A room? You and I, one room?
YINKA : yes nau....haha...
SOLA : (in her thoughts: now its confirmed, you're so full of shit! You and I in one room)....hmm...
YINKA : so that's what we'll do.


To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment