Tuesday 12 July 2016

TEST OF TIME Episode 26

Episode 26


YOMI : (laughs)...Jade this is not fair o...
JADE : look, here's the thing...you just came out of a relationship yourself so how am I sure you won't take it all out on me...or how am I sure I'm not just a rebound?
YOMI : a rebound? Oh no you're not. Look, what I feel for you is entirely different from what I felt for her. You know, sometimes we mistake affection for love. What I feel for you is stronger than whatever I have ever felt before in my life... believe me.
JADE : Yomi...I just came from a friend's place now. He was also asking me to go out with him, in fact he was telling me he wants to spend the rest of his life with me but lo and behold, I got to his house and met him with his ex, they just finished having sex...
YOMI : (cuts in)..wow...
JADE : yes...so in your own case, how am I sure you won't do the same thing, if your Ex shows up?
YOMI : wait, let's analyse the issue well, one, I never had sex with my Ex...
JADE : (cuts in)...its a lie!
YOMI : I'm serious...I wanted a pure relationship...'cause I wanted her for marriage.
JADE : hmmm...
YOMI : you don't believe me?
JADE : well I do...its just weird...
YOMI : its not weird...I just don't believe all is about sex.
JADE : she didn't want it?
YOMI : of course she demanded for sex several times but I told her to wait, that was why I didn't waste time, I proposed after a few months.....
JADE : wow...
YOMI : yes...so she can't seduce me and succeed especially now that my heart goes for someone else....and wait a minute, with all that humiliation? Hell no....
JADE : so nothing can happen?
YOMI : absolutely nothing.
JADE : hmm...
YOMI : hmm. So what do you say?
JADE : I'll think about it...
YOMI : aww.....that means you'll be keeping me in suspense...
JADE : (laughs)...Yomi, there's a lot going on with me right now.
YOMI : tell me, I'm very understanding...
JADE : oh...less I forget, thanks for the money, it really helped me a lot..
YOMI : haba nau...we both worked for it, so forget about that and let me into what's up with you...
JADE : its about my biological father...
YOMI : biological?
JADE : yes...(She tells him her story)...
YOMI : so you'll be going to the UK?
JADE : yeah....
YOMI : alone?
JADE : (thinking about it)...well, I guess Nate will be coming too...
YOMI : no, I mean apart from him? Won't someone in the family go with you?
JADE : is that necessary?
YOMI : of course it is. This your father in quote, have you seen him before?
JADE : no. But I've spoken to him on the phone.
YOMI : notwithstanding, I'm not sure its safe for you to go alone...
JADE : haha...why?
YOMI : you need someone there, may be your Mum or so to be there with you...
JADE : (thinking about it)...that's true, may be I'll get in touch with my cousins that are there sha.
YOMI : better...anyway I'm happy you're re-uniting with him...
JADE : hmm...
YOMI : so for how long will you be gone?
JADE : that I don't know...
YOMI : haha! You want me to die here?
JADE : die? Die how?
YOMI : Jade, I didn't see or talk to you for two weeks and it was like two years. My world was on a halt! Now if you go indefinitely...what will happen?...
JADE : (laughing)...you're not serious!
YOMI : I'm dead serious!...may be I should apply for a UK visa too...
JADE : (laughing more)...you want to go with me?
YOMI : yes nau, to make sure you'll be okay...and then I'll be around so that nobody snatches you from me...(Laughing)...
JADE : you're not serious!
YOMI : I wish I wasn't ....but seriously, I wish I won't let you out of my sight...
JADE : hmm...I wish I don't have to leave too...
YOMI : really?
JADE : hmm mm...I missed you this past few weeks...
YOMI : wait, is that a joke?
JADE : seriously...but hey I'm not saying anything yet o...let's see how it goes...
YOMI : Jade...(Becoming really serious)
JADE : yes
YOMI : the friend you went to see, you said he was also asking you out...
JADE : yes...
YOMI : were you going to say yes to him?
JADE : oh no...I wasn't...I actually wanted to say no to him, that...that I don't love him and can't be with him because...I'm in love with someone else already...
YOMI : why do you want to say you're in love with someone else? Is that suppose to be an excuse?
JADE : hmm....just take it that way...I was going to say no to him.
YOMI : and what were you planning to say to me?
JADE : (stands up and walks towards the window)..hmm...yes actually...(Backing him)
YOMI : (the word didn't ring a bell at first)...hmm mm....actually? I'm listening....
JADE : (turns to face him)...Yes, actually...
YOMI : wait...(Stands up)....let me recap the question,...since you were going to say no to him, what were you planning to say to me then?...(Moving towards her)
JADE : Yes actually...
YOMI : you were going to say yes to me?
JADE : kind of...(Smiling)
YOMI : Jade nau, talk...stop keeping me in suspense
JADE : yes, yes, yes, yes...
YOMI : yes! Yes!....wait are you saying yes we can have a relationship?
JADE: yes dude!
YOMI: (He hugs her).....YES!....we have to celebrate this...
JADE : (smiling)....celebrate?
YOMI : (looks at her)...yes...let's go out....I'll take you anywhere you want just say it!
JADE : its okay...I'm alright...
YOMI : no, we have to celebrate this...let me go and wear something better...(Leaving for his room)
JADE : wait...(Pulls him back)...let's sit and talk...
YOMI : really....(Coming back)...
JADE : yes...(Sitting down)
YOMI : (sits beside her)...tell me, tell me anything you want...
JADE : firstly, I don't want to have sex before marriage...actually I should have told you this before I...
YOMI : (cuts in)...its okay...come on...if I can do that for my Ex, why won't I do it for you...(Adjusts on his seat)..look Jade, this relationship is going to be your call, its going to go the way you want it...
JADE : hmm...?
YOMI : yes. That's how much I love you...
JADE : but wait, its so funny isn't it? Were you not that guy that was against me when I said being a career-driven couple isn't so good and won't help the kids? Now you are asking me out?
YOMI : (laughs)...hmm...that was then, in fact, if you say you don't want to do any work and that you want to be a full house wife, I'll agree...
JADE : hey! Who wants to marry you in the first place!...I didn't say I'll marry you, after all its not like you've proposed...
YOMI : I was only thinking you'd say its too early 'cause that was what I wanted to say...will you be my wife?
JADE : haha...you want to rush me...?
YOMI : (laughs)...don't worry, now or later, you'll be my wife. By the time I pamper you to stupor ehn....
JADE : (hits him)....hey....like I'm a baby...
YOMI : oh...you're my baby...let me go and dress up and take you to a nice place, okay...
JADE : (smiles)...okay...
YOMI : but then let me show you round the house...come...(Holds her hand to take her around the house)
JADE : but...
YOMI : no buts, you own the house now so you should see what and what is in it...(Pulling her along)

...........................................................................

(Meanwhile Mark got to Jade's place but he  saw Funmi at home...)

MARK : (entering into the house)..Funmi please where's Jade?
FUNMI : Jade, I thought she was at your place? She called me when she was leaving the house and told me that she was going to see you...
MARK : em yes, but I thought she's back?
FUNMI : no she's not.. But haha..when she left your place where did she say she was going?
MARK : she...she...let me call her...(Bringing out his phone to dial Jade's number)
FUNMI : wait, what happened between you and her?
MARK : nothing...let me call her...(Jade's phone rings as he listens to the earpiece but she did not pick up)...her phone is not connecting...
FUNMI : may be its the network... Will you wait for her?
MARK : em..no, I will come back..don't worry.
FUNMI : thank God today is saturday, you can come back tomorrow after service...
MARK : yes I will...(Leaving)
FUNMI : okay...bye...(Closes the door behind him)

(When Mark got to his car he dials Hyke's number...)

RECEIVER : sup man how did it go?
MARK : Hyke...
RECEIVER : yes
MARK : why did I ever listen to you. I have been there on my own only for you to come and lure me into this terrible thing that has cost me the only woman I can spend the rest of my life with...I've always known you're such a bad influence but I just didn't want to agree with that fact...
RECEIVER : hey, calm down man and tell me what happened...
MARK : even if I do, will it reverse what has happened?
RECEIVER : Mark, where are you now? I'm on my way to your house....(Hangs up)
MARK : i can't believe I allowed myself listen to this guy...I messed up, messed up big time! Damn it!...(Hits the steering wheel)...what do I do now? Where do I find her? She's not picking my calls....(He sends her a voice message on BBM..)....Jade please pick up my calls, I love you, please forgive me for letting down my guard, I was totally taken away, I'm sorry, please. I can't be okay till you talk to me...I've been to your place to check you but you're not there...please talk to me dear...please...(After sending the message he drives home...)

.............................................................................

(Later that day, Yomi drops Jade off and goes home. When Jade entered she saw Funmi in the sitting room...)

FUNMI : (seeing Jade entering into the house)..oh alas! Where have you been? Mark came here looking for you...
JADE : yeah right...so he thinks I'll be coming home abi?
FUNMI : what happened?...(Sitting up)...
JADE : (sits beside Funmi)...you know I didn't tell you why I was going to see him in the first place...
FUNMI : that's true...
JADE : (she brings out her phone and plays the voice message to her)...."Hi Jade, I've been trying to talk to you for sometime now, even though you said you don't want to pick any calls. I want you to know that I've missed you so much, not seeing you for about two weeks now... I hope you're not angry with me....all the same,.... I want you to know that not seeing you for this long has really made me know how much I've missed you... Don't be surprised I said that but that's the truth. I don't know how to tell you this yet, but I think I've fallen in love again with you....so please let's talk about it when we see..."
FUNMI : wow! That's Mark,...he's in love...with you...
JADE : so he said...then I went to his house to see him...only for me to see him with his Ex, they just finished having sex!
FUNMI : what! But wait, how did you know?
JADE : come on Jade, I may not have had sex but I know this things...she was wearing his shirt and she had nothing underneath.
FUNMI : oh you're right they had sex...shit and he's claiming to be in love with you...what does he take you for?
JADE : look, God wanted to give me a good reason to say no in capital letters.
FUNMI : no wonder he came here looking for you...
JADE : trust me, I just turned and walked away...
FUNMI : good! So you don't have to say much to him anymore....but hey! Where did you now go..
JADE : (sits up)...now hear the next message...(She gives the phone to Funmi to listen to the other message)...
FUNMI : Yomi? Haha....already? But you guys just met nau...
JADE : over a month ago now...that's enough time to develop something for someone, don't you think?
FUNMI : hmmm......you like him?
JADE : this past two weeks that I was doing the program, I had to hold myself so tight from calling him.
FUNMI : oh my God, you've fallen in love with him already!
JADE : (smiles)...is it too early, Funmi? Cause I don't know....
FUNMI : come on cousin...its okay...(She hugs her)...of course you can be in love... Or aint you sure of what you feel?
JADE : I am, its just that, people may say its too early to go into another relationship...
FUNMI : what do you mean? Come on, to hell with people...you'll be 28 years, its not too early...or when do you want to get married then?
JADE : hmm...
FUNMI : talking of birthdays...what are we going to do on your birthday?
JADE : I've not even thought of that...all that's on my head now is the issue of Mr Akin Thomas.
FUNMI : you mean, your father right?
JADE : yeah...it still feels weird calling him that, you know...
FUNMI : yeah I know. Don't worry, with time, you will...
JADE : hmm....hey, now to the best news ever!...
FUNMI : what?
JADE : Yomi and I are dating...
FUNMI : are you serious!
JADE : yes...
FUNMI : oh my God, I'm happy for you!(Hugs her)
JADE : thanks...
FUNMI : that's so good...now I can tell you my good news...
JADE : (surprised)...what's that?
FUNMI : Ayo asked me to marry him already...
JADE : are you serious!
FUNMI : yes...
JADE : since when?
FUNMI : last week...
JADE : haha....and you're just telling me now?
FUNMI : I'm sorry, I didn't tell you because you secluded yourself for the fasting and this morning, I went out early...
JADE : wow! I'm just so happy for you...(Hugs her)
FUNMI : thanks Coz!

...........................................................................

(The following day, Yomi had shown up at Jade's house as early has 6:30am to take her to church. It was Funmi that opened the door...)

FUNMI : yes may I help you?
YOMI : you must be Funmi, Jade's cousin, right?
FUNMI : (confused)...yes. Please do I know you?
YOMI : I'm Yomi Coker, Jade's Fian...sorry em friend?
FUNMI : oh my! Come in!...wow! Its nice to finally see you, I've heard a lot about you....
YOMI : me too....(Entering into the house)
FUNMI : please sit down let me call her...(Goes to call Jade....)

(In Jade's room...)
JADE : (immediately Funmi enters)...who is it this morning?
FUNMI : guess...
JADE : I can't guess...I have no clue....tell me nau...
FUNMI : its Yomi.
JADE : (surprised)...Yomi? Yomi...(Looking at the clock) this morning?(Thinking it was a joke)
FUNMI : yes its Yomi...
JADE : (comes out to see him)...hey lover boy!
YOMI : (stands up to hug her) good morning Baby...
JADE : (hugging him)...good morning, how was your night...
YOMI : this last night, was the most peaceful since the last 2 years...
JADE : hmm...
YOMI : yes...that's why I came to take you to church...
JADE : really?
YOMI : yeah, so finish dressing up...
JADE : okay...(Sees Funmi)..oh I'm sorry, I can see you've met my cousin already...
YOMI : yes...
JADE : Funmi, that's Yomi...
FUNMI : (cuts in)...go and dress up jare, we've introduced each other.
JADE : (laughs and turns to Yomi)...sweetheart, I'll be right back...
YOMI : okay dear...(Sitting back)
FUNMI : (sitting down too, she checks if Jade has gone inside and whispers to him)...has she told you when her birthday is?
YOMI : no, when is it?
FUNMI : next week saturday.
YOMI : what! Are you serious?
FUNMI : yes it is.
YOMI : does she have any plans?
FUNMI : for now, none...
YOMI : then we should do something special....
FUNMI : hmm mm....
YOMI : okay give me your number, I'll call you to discuss what we can do...
FUNMI : okay...(They exchange numbers)....
YOMI : good. Thanks for letting me in on it....
(Just after they finished talking, Jade comes out...)
FUNMI : hmm....love birds...so which church are you guys going?
YOMI : that's up to the young lady here....
JADE : let's go to your church, let me even see your church...
YOMI : okay...(Turns to Funmi)...but we're going out after church service and I'm not bringing her back till evening...
FUNMI : okay o...take care of you...
JADE : bye cousin...
YOMI : bye Funmi...
(They leave for church.)
.............................................................................

(Early that afternoon, Hyke was at Mark's place....)

HYKE : I'm really sorry I couldn't come yesterday....when I was coming, Dad called me to come over immediately. And when I tried calling you your line wasn't responding.
MARK : your presence doesn't do me any good so don't bother.
HYKE : na so you don vex?
MARK : why won't I? Now Jade doesn't want to talk to me again...
HYKE : come on...go after her
MARK : (cuts in)...of course I did! But she wasn't home...
HYKE : okay..let's go to her place now, we'll buy her some flowers and anything special, she's a girl, she'll forgive you...
MARK : I just hope so, if not, it will cost us our friendship...
HYKE : ehn you sef why you tell am make she come when you know say we dey try get Bimbo laid again?
MARK : she didn't tell me she was coming didn't you hear that?!!!
HYKE : oh...she just showed up unannounced?
MARK : have I been speaking latin since?
HYKE : ouch! So wait, she saw you guys doing it or what?
MARK : yes, because I decided to get her laid right there in my house!
HYKE: what! You messed up! How could you have done it there, knowing Jade could show up at anytime?
MARK: how could I have known she'll show up? She wasn't in Lagos since the last two weeks...
HYKE: damn it.... I hope this doesn't spoil the whole plan o....


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment