Tuesday 12 July 2016

TEST OF TIME Episode 25

Episode 25


(Just then Bimbo shows up behind him, opening the door...)
BIMBO : baby who's that?...
MARK : (whispers to himself)...oh shit...!
JADE : (seeing Bimbo)...oh, I can see I'm interrupting something...(Turns to leave)...
BIMBO : what's she still doing here?
MARK : wait Jade please hold on...(goes after her)...its not what you think...
BIMBO : haha! Its not what...(Seeing he's still going)....Mark!
MARK : (still going after Jade)...Jade please wait let's talk...
JADE : what's there to talk about? I only came so we can talk about the message you sent....
MARK : no, please don't go, Jade please I can explain....
JADE : Mark, I can see you really want to be closer to God... We'll talk some other time....(Walking away)
(Bimbo couldn't believe her eyes and ears at what Mark was saying)
MARK : (holds her)...Jade, I can explain what really happened to you, please don't go, she's about to leave....(He turns around to Bimbo).....you...pack your things and leave my house now!
BIMBO : (walks towards them)...what! Mark, me?
MARK : are you deaf! I said leave my house you 'seductress'...
BIMBO : Mark me?....(With tears in her eyes)....after making love to me?
MARK : who made love to you!...you just seduced me to have sex with you that's all!
JADE : why are you acting all innocent, Mark?
MARK : no Jade, that's the truth...she seduced me...
JADE : Mark, stop embarrassing her. Go and settle whatever it is you have to settle with her we'll talk later... (Turns to leave)
MARK : please Jade....(kneels before her)...please don't go, I meant what I sent to you. I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you please don't go, you're the woman I've been waiting for all my life....
BIMBO : (crying profusely)....Mark you love her? What about me?
JADE : Mark stand up and stop embarrassing yourself....I have to go...(She releases her hand and walks away...)
MARK : Jade! (Runs after her)
BIMBO : (still crying)...oh my God, so Mark only sent me the necklace 'cause he wants to have sex with me...
MARK : (comes back since Jade didn't wait)...you, can you see what you've caused! Take your things and leave, I don't ever want to see you in my house again!
BIMBO : so Mark you don't love me?
MARK : did I ever tell you I did?
BIMBO : oh my God, Mark...but you said it so many times...
MARK : wait are you so dumb? So you still believe all that trash abi? Up till now? Come, so you're still so gullible at your age?...(He hisses at her and goes inside...)
BIMBO : Mark! (Still crying)...Mark!...(She goes after him)
(Mark goes into the room packing all her clothes...)
BIMBO : Mark why are you so wicked...
MARK : (still packing her scattered clothes)...wicked? Look do you want to hear the truth?....that's the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with and you just spoilt the day...
BIMBO : what! A girl that cheated on you?
MARK : says who! You dream! She's pure and innocent! She's not like you used old rag!...
BIMBO : me an old hag?
MARK : yes! Not old hag, rag! Can't you see I cant come to sleep with you here? Either in this room or in the living room? Because people like you belong to the other room! Look...(He goes to open the door and points at a door opposite)....that's going to be my matrimonial bedroom, unstained by sluts like you!...
BIMBO : (looking at the room)..so that's why you always locked that room?
MARK : yes...because I don't want bitches like you to stain the bed where I'll make my children!...(Throws her clothes at her)...leave my house, now!
BIMBO : Mark, you lured me here to sleep with me, abi?
MARK : me lure you? I didn't. You used your legs to drive here didn't you? Did I call you? And for the sex...sex in quote not love making, it happened because you asked for it! Did I beg you to sleep with me? Did I?
BIMBO : (still crying)...Mark, my God will pay you for what you've done to me...
MARK : pay me? No, I don't think so, because we've paid each other already! I gave you a necklace, you gave me sex, simple!....please you're wasting my time, take your things and leave...but hey! Remove my shirt!...I have a woman to catch up with!
(Still crying, she removes it and gives it to him, then puts on her dress.
Walking out sluggishly.
After she left, Mark freshens up and leaves for Jade's house...)
.............................................................................
(Meanwhile after leaving Mark's place, Jade dials Yomi's number...)
JADE : hello...
RECEIVER : am I dreaming? Did you really call me?
JADE : yes....hi?
RECEIVER : how are you?
JADE : I'm good. You?
RECEIVER : I've not been myself not seeing you for the past few weeks...
JADE : where are you?
RECEIVER : I'm home...what's up? Should I come over?
JADE : actually, I'm still in Ibadan....
RECEIVER : really? Thought you came back?
JADE : yeah, but I went back again...I mean came back again...
RECEIVER : oh....
JADE : yeah...can you send me your address I'll come see you when I get back..
RECEIVER : sure! Why not....I'll send it immediately...
JADE : please can you send it now, because I want to put off my phone.
RECEIVER : oh....okay....but...(She hangs up)
JADE : don't talk too much, let's see what you also have hiding in your house....
(She enters into an eatery to wait for Yomi's address. As she was sipping the drink she bought, she receives the text message. And immediately, she leaves for Yomi's house.
Meanwhile Bimbo goes back to her house crying. When she got home she met Annette in a very happy mood...)
ANET : so in the next few months, I'll become Mrs Adedayo...
TARA : I'm happy for you o....
(Immediately they saw Bimbo, they didn't notice her mood yet they just blurted out...)
ANET : hey Bimby! My introduction comes up next month!
TARA : isn't she lucky!..
ANET : (then she noticed her friend crying, she goes to hold her)...what happened to you Bimbo? 
TARA : haha...(Going to her)...Bimbo what happened?(She goes straight into her room and they follow her)
ANET : Bimbo, what happened to you...(Sitting beside her)
BIMBO : I was a fool, I can't believe that Mark fooled me again...
TARA : Mark?...wait! Was it Mark's place you went to?
BIMBO : yes, he was the one that sent me the necklace...
TARA : are you serious?
ANET : what necklace?
TARA : oh my God! So what happened?
BIMBO : I got there..(she explains what happened)...
TARA : what! So he told you he's going after her?
BIMBO : yes.(Still crying)...and he threw me out of the house....
ANET : but Bimbo, after what happened with him the first time, you shouldn't even have thought of going there again.
BIMBO : when he sent me the necklace, I thought he wanted us back....(Still crying)
ANET : but Bimbo, you should have thought more of looking for Yomi not that Mark of a guy. I heard about how he humiliated you at his place earlier....
BIMBO : (shocked)...you heard?
TARA : (surprised)...how did you know?
ANET : I overheard both of you talking about it. When you said the girl may have 'jazzed' him or something...look Bimbo, if you'd asked me, I would have told you Mark was no good...
BIMBO : I even told him I was ready for a commitment...
TARA : and what did he say?
BIMBO : he told me that, that girl is the one he intends to marry...meaning I'm just for the 'takings'...(Turns to Tara)...I was just there to warm his bed!...(Crying)
ANET : Bimbo, why not try getting Yomi back instead of humiliating yourself with this useless Mark? That guy just came for something he wanted and he's gotten it. Yomi loves you yet you rubbished his feelings. You better go after Yomi before its too late...
TARA : you think he will take her back after everything we did to him?
ANET : (turns to Tara)...look, Yomi really loves her, hence the coming back to beg her...I believe if she can still go back to him now she may still get him back...crawl to him....he will take you back.
BIMBO : you think so?
TARA : I believe that all this is happening to you because of what we did to Yomi o... I remember when Mark said he can't be with you because he saw all what you did to Yomi and you can do such to him too...
BIMBO : what do I do now? Its obvious Mark doesn't love me...
ANET : see, pick option A. Go for Yomi before some other girl takes him from you. At least we've not heard that he's married...
TARA : that's true. We messed up. We shouldn't have done what we did to Yomi. My dear, its now obvious he's the one that truly loves you...
ANET : we can help you beg him...
BIMBO : I wish I had not treated Yomi that way...
TARA : now Annette is getting married, Chioma is engaged too and Tanumo is asking me to marry him...
ANET : (surprised)...are you serious?
TARA : yes.
ANET : then what are you waiting for, don't you love him?
TARA : I didn't want him because he's living in a two bedroom flat...
ANET : so? Does he not have a job?
TARA : he does..I was only thinking I will get someone better, but with this Bimbo's issue, I think I will say yes to his proposal....I don't want to end up like Bimbo.
ANET : you better do.
TARA : I will
BIMBO : so I'm left alone now....(Cries more)....
ANET : its okay Bimbo, I know Yomi couldn't have forgotten you that soon.
TARA : I believe so too. In fact, we should have thought of that since and gone to beg him, instead of going back to Mark like you did....
BIMBO : I thought of it, but I was thinking Yomi won't want me back and when I got the necklace from Mark I thought he really wanted me back.
ANET : look don't let me lie to you, even if such a guy should marry you, you will not enjoy the marriage. Guys like that tend to look outside too much...
TARA : let's just bury our pride and beg Yomi.
ANET : that's better o....
..........................................................................
(Yomi was visited by Lanre and they were busy with their gist when the door bell rang...)
LANRE : are you expecting someone?
YOMI : nope...(Standing up and going to the door)...I wonder who the visitor is...(Opens the door, he was shocked)....Jade!
JADE : yes...(Smiling)
YOMI : am I dreaming?....did you not say you're in Ibadan?
JADE : well, I wanted to surprise you...
YOMI : (hugs her)...come in, come in...(Opening the door wider)....wow! This is a big surprise....
JADE : (entering into the house)...well...
YOMI : here's Lanre my very good friend...(Turns to Lanre)...Lanre this is Jade..
LANRE : wait the same Jade that just called you about an hour ago?...(Standing up)
YOMI : yes o...I was also surprised to see her...
LANRE : wow...its an honour to finally see the woman that has turned the brain of my friend inside out...(Standing up)
JADE : (laughing)....haba nau...
LANRE : that's true..he has been so worried about not talking to you for sometime now...(Looks at Yomi)...hope I'm not embarrassing you....
YOMI : na you know, e don do you o....
JADE : its nice to meet you too...
YOMI : please sit down, don't mind him. What can I get you?
JADE : anything good...
YOMI : okay...(Goes to get her some juice)...
LANRE : so how did you do it? I mean getting here from Ibadan in less than one hour...(Sitting down, he looks at his wrist watch)
JADE : actually I wasn't in Ibadan, I just wanted to give him a surprised visit.
LANRE : hmm..that's cool...so, how have you been?
JADE : very well, thanks...
YOMI : (coming with the juice)...well...here you are...(he serves her some juice)...
LANRE : well...(Standing up)...I should be on my way now...
JADE : but why? Is it because of me?
LANRE : oh no...I was almost on my way out before you came...isn't it Yomi?
YOMI : yes he was...(Taking his seat)
LANRE : don't worry, we'll still meet very well I'm sure...since you and my friend will be working together....(Looks at Yomi)...right?
YOMI : yes...
JADE : alright then. It was nice knowing you....
LANRE : same here....so bye...
JADE : bye...
YOMI : guy, I no go fit see you off o..
LANRE : of course I understand nau. We go talk on phone...(leaving for the door)
YOMI : alright....take care...(He opens the door for him and after Lanre leaves, he comes back to Jade)....so...I must confess I'm so elated at this surprise of yours....(Takes his seat)
JADE : hmm...I knew you will...
YOMI : so how was your trip to Ibadan?
JADE : hmm...fine o. That's another long story....
YOMI : really...is that why you came back and decided not to talk to anybody?
JADE : hmm...kind of...
YOMI : do you mind sharing?
JADE : I will, but first I got your message...
YOMI : hmm mm....(Hiding his eyes from her)
JADE : hey! Look here...don't try to shy away from it...
YOMI : em...its not like I'm shying away from it. Its more like I'm afraid of what you'll say about it...
JADE : Yomi...
YOMI : (cuts in) and this one that you've come here, I'm sure you want to give me bad news...
JADE : (laughs)....hmm...are you sure?
YOMI : well...I don't know...but...(Sitting up)....the truth is, I really meant what I said. I've fallen in love with you, since the very first day we met. It was as if you took a part of me with you....
JADE : the first day?
YOMI : oh no...I mean the day we met at the place where we were suppose to be interviewed....
JADE : hmm....
YOMI : seriously....I never new I could forget my ex-girlfriend just like that...I'm in love with you Jade, that's the truth. I've not been able to get you off my thoughts and my head...you've become a drug in my system, I'm like addicted to seeing you...I know this is coming rather too early, considering the fact that we just met, and you just left a relationship, but I don't know why I just felt the impluse to tell you, and I wish I didn't make a mistake...
JADE : Yomi...are you asking me out?
YOMI : em....well.....I'm telling you how I feel about you, but if it sounds like I'm asking you out already, then I guess I am....(Afraid of what she'll say)
JADE : okay since you're just telling me how you feel, not asking me out, I have heard you...(She relaxes on the seat and keeps quiet)...
YOMI : (looks at her)....but you've not said anything...
JADE : haha...I said I've heard nau....
YOMI : is that all?
JADE : what else do you expect me to say?
YOMI : (short of words)....em....em....I don't know....may be....I don't know....but do you think I have a tiny chance of being with you?....(Moves closer to her)
JADE : being with me?
YOMI : yes....I mean, I can give you time to forget about the other guy if you think you can....
JADE : (laughs)....and if I can't?
YOMI : hmm....well, I won't give up. Because I know what I feel for you is stronger than you can imagine and I'm sure with time and patience I will gain your heart gradually...
JADE : hmm mm....(Laughs)
YOMI : Jade, are you making jest of me?...I'm serious about what I'm saying, I won't give up on you....
JADE : Yomi.....Coker....you've still not told me exactly what you want, you know?
YOMI : (takes a deep breath)....okay....Jade...(Holds her hand)...
JADE : yes...(Siting up to look at him)
YOMI : please will you allow me to make you the happiest woman on earth by going out with me?
JADE : hmm...now you're getting somewhere...
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment