Wednesday 13 July 2016

TEST OF TIME Ep34

Episode 34


(Mark looks away from the projector and moves towards the podium as if he has seen a ghost....)
MARK : Jade Thomas!...(Moving towards the podium)....Jadesola Thomas, the Chairperson of Phinix Bank!....Jade...
(Meanwhile Tara and Bimbo...)
TARA : (turning to Bimbo)...is that not that same girl of the other day...(Looking at the projector)
BIMBO : (turns to Tara) Tara...its the same girl. I can remember the inscription at Yomi's house. Its the same name and face....
TARA : no wonder those guys wanted to kill themselves over her!...(keeps looking as the projector as it locates Yomi. She sights him)....and look, that's Yomi. He came with her.
BIMBO : no wonder, they wanted to die over her....how I hate her. How come she has everything?
(Mark is still amazed at the face before him as he walks to the front gently ...)
MARK : Jade?...haha..Jade, the same Jade that was searching for a job? The same Jade is now the Chairperson?...(he looks for one of the Senior Managers to talk to)....sir...
S.M : Mark how are you?
MARK : fine sir. Please sir, the old Chairperson, what's his name again?
SM : what? Don't tell me you don't know his name....
MARK : sir, you know we've changed our chairman so many times so I didn't cram their names.
SM : but the last one was there for about five years before he died...
MARK : don't mind me sir. Its just that I know this young lady. She's my friend and I'm surprised she's named the new Chairperson.
SM : if she's a friend then you should know that her father is a very rich man.
MARK : I had no idea.
SM : in fact, since the past five years, Sir Akin Thomas kept using his dividend to buy more shares, that's why he retains that position till date.
MARK : Akin Thomas, that's his name.....hmm....when did he die sir?
SM : I don't know. He's based in the UK so we know very little about him.
MARK : hmmm....thank you sir. I'll go and talk to her myself...(He waits for her to finish making her speech and walks towards her.
A good security system was provided for the new Chairperson by the management of Phinix Bank. Bodyguards followed Jade as she finished her speech and steps down. Yomi stood by her throughout and just few minutes after making her speech, she stood up to leave.
Mark had stayed close to the place where she would pass through and as she was guided towards the door Yomi sees Mark. He taps Jade to look at him. She stopped to talk to him while Yomi bades the security men to hold on...)
JADE : Mark...(Walking towards him)...hi
MARK : Jade...is this really you?
JADE : yes...(Smiling)...how are you?
MARK : you're looking so good, so sweet I hardly recognized you.
JADE : (smiling)..oh really.
MARK : yeah....(Smiling)...and this new position, why didn't you tell me?
JADE : I'm really sorry Mark. I've been so busy and I knew you'd still find out anyway...
MARK : I'm so happy for you.
JADE : thanks... We should really sit and chat you know. I'll give you a call.
MARK : oh no, I will give you a call, provided you'll pick up...
JADE : haba nau, why not?
MARK : you're a busy woman now...
JADE : no o, not has busy as that. I'll definitely pick it up. (She looks behind and calls Yomi)...sweetheart please come over....(Yomi comes over and Jade pulls him towards her).....hey let me officially introduce my fiancé to you...this is Yomi Coker...though I'm sure you guys know each other already...
MARK : yeah....(Extending a handshake)
YOMI : nice to see you....(Shaking Mark)
MARK : same here....
JADE : so Mark give me a call. We have to leave now, we still have other places to go to.
MARK : alright, I will. Take care...
JADE : yeah bye
YOMI : bye...
(They leave while the party continues...)
..........................................................................
(The following day, Mark calls Hyke to give him the gist...)
RECEIVER : its a lie!
MARK : I'm telling you!
RECEIVER : haha, who is her father?
MARK : Akin Thomas, the guy is UK based. He was...
RECEIVER : (cuts in)...wait! Wait! Wait! Don't tell me it the same Akin Thomas that I know. The UK based Nigerian billionaire...
MARK : a billionaire?
RECEIVER : there's one Akin Thomas, he's the richest Nigerian in the UK. He's married to a very rich white woman...
MARK : he may be the one o.
RECEIVER : oh my God....did you say her father is dead?
MARK : yes
RECEIVER : haa! Jade is fucking rich! I know the guy. He has tonnes of money. He's got businesses all over the UK.
MARK : when they called her out it was as if I was dreaming. The Jade I was still inviting to the dinner so she can mingle in other to get a job. I didn't know that she's now worth millions...
RECEIVER : mi-what? Billions my friend! That girl is stinking rich! I've seen her sister before. She was always with bodyguards being a rich girl, before she died in the accident.
MARK : are you serious?
RECEIVER : yes. So what's up, that girl is a good catch for you o. She can ensure you a better position in the bank.
MARK : yes she can.
RECEIVER : so tighten your games. Were you able to speak to Bimbo, did you strike a bargain?
MARK : I don't think I want to go further with that. I'll just let her be. She was there with the guy yesterday.
RECEIVER : really?
MARK : yes and he was even the one that showed me to her.
RECEIVER : wow...that's nice of him, knowing you're rivals.
MARK : yes. And she now introduced him to me officially, so I'll just step back and continue being her friend.
RECEIVER : so you'll go back to Bimbo right?
MARK : God forbid! For what nau? In fact if you see the way she was dressed yesterday? She looked like a slut!
RECEIVER : (laughing)...haba nau she dey look for husband.
MARK : oh she'll sure get one dressing like a bitch.
............................................................................
(Panon Oil and Gas is one of the most successful oil companies in the country. Its capital base can only be compared to very few companies and ever since Akin Thomas became its owner, it ownership wasn't made public.
Before Akin Thomas died, he signed over one of the most successful company he has in Nigeria to Yomi, though with a 'clause'. A clause that must be adhered to by any court of law. (Jade does not know about the clause. It was only communicated with the Lawyer that prepared the document and the court that sealed it.)
The take over at Panon Oil and that of Cuzins was slated for the same date before Jade and Yomi knew it...)
JADE : but this is not good. I can't go to Cuzins alone, you have to go with me.
YOMI : Baby....(Holding her) I've spoken to the lawyer and he said that's the only day they have left, moreso, they've sent a memoir to the employees already. Changing the date will be like taking advantage of them just because you're the owner...
JADE : Yomi, this is the company I told you my Ex works. Don't you feel somehow allowing me go alone?
YOMI : (he chuckles and holds her hand)...sweetheart, what do you think will happen if I don't go with you?
JADE : ....nothing, I just want him to know that I'm in love with someone else that's all.
YOMI : (laughs)..you want him to know you're in love with someone else?
JADE : yes....(Seeing he's still laughing)....haha nau, why are you laughing?
YOMI : wait, are you going to write "Jade's fiancé" on my forehead? Or are we going to be kissing while you make your speech?
JADE : (she becomes dumbfounded at first, then)......em, no but what if he walks up to me and...
YOMI : (cuts in) and do what? You won't be alone. There will be so many people around you, so what will he do?
JADE : ...I don't know...
YOMI : Jade, do you still love him..
JADE : No! Haha after how long? Its almost a year since he broke up!
YOMI : then I have nothing to be afraid of. I know he can't kidnap you, can he?
JADE : no.
YOMI : fine. I trust you totally. Really, I would have loved to go. I want to know the guy, but since Panon Oil take-over is there, sweetie, what can I do? Don't forget that your Dad entrusted that company into my hands and I shouldn't allow jealousy bring in negligence into my duties...
JADE : (becoming really moody)...hmm...(She holds his hands)...its just that I'll miss you not being there with me this time. You know we've being going everywhere together....
YOMI : honeyboo...you know I've being there for you all through, and so far, you've done very well. So, I believe you'll be fine in Abuja. Moreover, Cuzins is the first one out of the two you have in Abuja. I'll be coming over to Abuja with you for the next one, hmm?
JADE : I'll miss you.
YOMI : I'll miss you too....I've told Nate to come with you, alright?
JADE : okay.
YOMI : have you called that your Abuja friend to tell her you're coming over?
JADE : yes I did. In fact I want to give her a wedding present. Her wedding is in January, a week after Funmi's. Still thinking of what to give her.
YOMI : just ask her what her preparations will be like, something will come up. You can give her 5million naira and buy her a nice car...
JADE : I gave Funmi a check of Ten million for her wedding did I tell you?
YOMI : yeah you did...after my take-over, I will give them tickets for their honeymoon in the UK and make reservations for them in the best hotel.
JADE : really?
YOMI : yes. She deserves it.
JADE : she really does. She fed me when I had no job. She even bought me clothes too.
YOMI : little did she know she was investing.
JADE : I tell you. Always been very protective of me. Nike also tried o. She housed me.
YOMI : should I give her a ticket to UK too? What do you think?
JADE : yes that will be nice. They'll like it.
YOMI : hmmm.....Jade...where are we going for ours?
JADE : (laughs)...I knew you'll come to that!....where do you want us to do it, tell me...
YOMI : seriously, I don't even know.
JADE : don't worry I'll ask Nate. He seems to know everything and everywhere...(Laughs)
YOMI : what about the wedding planner you wanted to get?
JADE : yeah, I got one. Its a company though and they want me to come and do these and that, pick this and that but with all this take overs and all that I've not being chanced. You know I have to go through and know everything about each company so I'm like someone reading for exams.
YOMI : (laughs)..its okay. Tell them you'll have time after we finish everything, okay? Then we can do it together.
JADE : alright...thanks Love.
YOMI : I should be on my way now...
JADE : haha! You're not going o. Ever since I moved into this big house, you kept leaving so early...
YOMI : its because of the hold up on this island nau....
JADE : ehn I know...if the hold up is too much then sleep over here, after all there are over six rooms here...that's apart from my sibling's room and mine, haha! Sleep here joor.
YOMI : Jade...
JADE : what!
YOMI : (laughing)...look, I would have slept over, but your siblings are here, don't let us give them the impression that they can be sleeping in their fiancé's house...
JADE : haha...didn't you sleep over in London?
YOMI : yes, that's because your Dad was at home. Here you are the eldest. They will just think we're having sex.
JADE : but we won't sleep in the same room nau...
YOMI : these teenagers can be funny, they will think we only went to separate room in front of them. That we'll sneak into our rooms after they've slept.
JADE : eee! Yomi! How do you know all this?
YOMI : (laughing) because I've been a teenager before....(Laughing)
.............................................................................
(The employees of Cuzins Nig Ltd are getting ready for the christmas/dinner party. Mr Kay is one of the event planner and is going through the program's table of content when Yinka and Mike enters into his office...)
BOTH : we're here sir....(Entering into the office...)
KAY : oh...please sit down. I'll need the your assistance in some cases.
BOTH : okay sir.
KAY : Yinka, we'll need to get bodyguards for the new chairperson. Do you know where we can get?
MIKE : that should be bouncers.
KAY : is that what you people call them?
YINKA : yes Bouncers. But why does he need a bouncer?
KAY : its a she. A young lady actually.
MIKE : a young lady!
KAY : yes. Her father owned Cuzins and now that he's dead, he has given her all his companies and assets.
MIKE : companies?
KAY : yes. He has other companies.
YINKA : oh my God, you mean, the whole of Cuzins will now be owned by a young lady.
KAY : yes. And guess what? She's a miss at that.
MIKE : huh! She's not even married?
KAY : so I heard, because the management was saying something about a change of name again after she gets married and all that....
MIKE : wow....
KAY : so that's why we need two bodyguards for her. Just for that night.
MIKE : I know where we can hire them.
KAY : good please make an enquiry for me on that.
YINKA : sir, are we invited?
KAY : of course. You and Mike only from our department though. I'll give you your invitations.
YINKA : thank you sir.
KAY : you can leave now.
(Yinka and Mike goes back to their office...)
YINKA : hmm...na wa o.
MIKE : all this rich people pikin...I'm sure she's a spoiled brat.
YINKA : whoever marries that kind of girl is in money, man! Haa, Cuzin's alone is worth way over a twenty billion...
MIKE : and he said other companies are there too o...chai!
YINKA : those are the kind of girls someone should date not those ones you'll still need to spend your hard earned money on.
MIKE : I tell you man. If I marry that kind of a girl, my generations will never suffer again!
YINKA : look if its only Cuzins she owns sef my generations will not suffer talk less of other companies! I won't work again o!...(Laughing)
MIKE : chai....who knows, may be she's an eligible spinster...
YINKA : girls like that usually find it difficult to get a man. But if they find a guy that can love them for real, they'll fall yakata.
MIKE : so you're saying she may be available?
YINKA : why you dey ask? You no get girlfriend? Abi where you wan put Caro?
MIKE : see this guy, na money we dey talk here o...
YINKA : you know say me, I no get anybody. I be free lander, I fit land anywhere.
MIKE : (laughing)...haha...no be this your ex girlfriend....wetin be her name sef.....em....(Trying to recall)....Sade abi wetin we dey call am...
YINKA : Jade...
MIKE : ehn ehn...no be she you dey wait for make she get job?
YINKA : (laughs)...says who? See this guy o!...person wey I no know where she be? Abeg na greener pastures I dey look for now, no be liability.
MIKE : so who you dey bring come the dinner?
YINKA : ehn! Na me and my ears dey come o.
MIKE : me sef no go bring anybody...
YINKA : haha! Why? What of Caro?
MIKE : make she dey her papa house jare.
YINKA : (laughing) bad guy!
.............................................................................
(The best Hotel and Suites in Abuja was chosen for Cuzin's dinner. Almost half of the whole hotel was reserved for the program: for guests and senior executives.
The dinner was to be held over night, but guests have started arriving as early as 8pm.
Some important personalities in government were present at the dinner. Some of them knew the late Akin Thomas as the owner of Cuzins and they are looking forward to see his daughter, one they've heard nothing about.
Some came around to witness the take over. While some came not just to know the newest billionaire in town, but to also meet and get acquainted with her. Everybody there was looking forward to seeing who the new president is.
The hall of the hotel was tastefully decorated by the most expensive outdoor decorator in Abuja. The colours used are white and red with a touch of green. A full christmas decoration was used to brighten up the hall.
As the guests comes in, they could not but admire the beauty of the hall. The hall was filled to the brim as the program starts.
The program starts while guest were being served various exotic wine. The hotel catering was superb as they sat to different delicious intercontinental dishes.
Soon after, the moment everyone had been waiting for approached.
Yinka was gorgeously dressed just as Mike was. They were seated at a corner quite close to Mr Kay.
Earlier that day, the bodyguards Mike got had been assigned to Jade and they stay by the door of her hotel room. Few minutes before they called her to the podium, Mr Kay was told to get the new President of Cuzins Ltd. He calls Mike...)
KAY : (standing up)....Mike, please follow me...
MIKE : (happy that Kay called him, he quickly follows him....) Okay sir...


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment