Wednesday 22 June 2016



Test of Time

Episode 3

(Yinka felt disappointed and it was written all over him...)
JADE : I'm really sorry Yinka but please try to understand me.
YINKA : its okay. I've heard you. But in case you have a change of mind, let me know. I'm still here and I believe whatever is mine will not be taken away from me.
JADE : (smiles)....but we're still friends right?
YINKA : of course. Let's enjoy our visit.
JADE : (smiles) so tell me about your parents....
..................................................................
(Its Bimbo's birthday. She had decided to entertain a few friends in her house as they come over wishing her a happy birthday. Yomi came over to Bimbo's house with Lanre. As they park the car and were about leaving the car, Yomi places a bunch of flowers at the back of his seat...)
LANRE : so when are you going to give her the flowers?
YOMI : I'll give her when more people are here. I'll just keep it here for now and come back for it later.
LANRE : then you'll pop the question right?
YOMI : yeah. She'll be so surprised....
LANRE : definitely, that's what girls want nau...
YOMI : (getting out of the car)....let's go..
LANRE : lead the way please....(Following Yomi)...she stays here alone?
YOMI : yes....(Entering through the gate)...she loves been independent...
LANRE : hmm...(With skepticism)
YOMI : (turns round to look at Lanre)..why the 'hmm'?
LANRE : well...independent young girls like this, enjoy their independence so much they hardly think of marriage
YOMI : (laughing)...where did you get that?..(Going towards the door)
LANRE : trust me, I know what I'm saying.
YOMI : yeah right.
LANRE : I'm serious. If a girl stays with her parents, then she will be pressured to get married, she will know the importance of being married...
YOMI : (cuts in)...oh Lanre, don't start with lectures now. We came here to enjoy.
LANRE : Aye, Aye Captain!
YOMI : better...(Knocks at the door and waits for the door to be opened while he adjusts his dress)
LANRE : (laughing at Yomi)....na wa o.
YOMI : (looks at Yomi)...what! I shouldn't look good for my babe again
LANRE : haa, no o, just pulling your legs...
YOMI : you'd better not!...(Then someone opens the door who is definitely not Bimbo, Yomi was disappointed)
BUKKY : hi....come in.
YOMI : thanks...(Entering)....and Bimbo?
BUKKY : she's in her room, dressing up.
YOMI : okay, please tell her Yomi is here, and ask her if I should come inside.
BUKKY : alright....(She goes to meet Bimbo who is dressing up with some of her friends in her room)...Sis, one Yomi guy is here o, he said can he come inside?
CHIOMA : (looks at Bimbo)....who's that?
BIMBO : its Yomi. My boyfriend...
TARA : so, we can finally meet him...
BIMBO : yes tell him to come in.
BUKKY : alright...(She goes to call Yomi into the room, meanwhile)
BIMBO : I can't wait to see what he's got me this time.
ANNET : wasn't he the one that got you the Jimmy Choo shoes last year?
BIMBO : yeah he was.
TARA : wow, the guy's got a very good taste....
CHIOMA : not just in stuffs, but in women.
BIMBO : (laughing and blushing)...you can say that again!
TARA : look at this Babe o, you sef dey claim fine girl, you fine pass me?
ANNET : hey, Hey! Hey! We all know that Bimbo is the most beautiful amongst us so don't push it...
(As they were laughing Yomi knocks and comes in)
YOMI : hellooo...
BIMBO : (walks up to him while looking at his hand for any presents)....sweetheart...
YOMI : happy birthday Babe!...(Hugging her)....I wish you many more beautiful years in good health....
BIMBO : (cuts in)hmmm....thanks...(She looks at his hands again)...where's my gift?
YOMI : gift...I thought we've talked about it?...(Looking at her friends whose eyes are all set on them)
BIMBO : talk about what? 
YOMI : Baby, (trying to change the topic)won't you introduce me to your friends?
BIMBO : hmm...(Reluctantly)..Babes, this is Yomi, Yomi this is Annette, Tara and Chioma my friends.
YOMI : (giving each of them a hand shake)...nice to meet you Ladies...
ALL : same here.
YOMI : sweetheart, let's talk later, my friend came with me, he's in the sitting room....(He goes back to the sitting room)
BIMBO : okay...(Goes back to her table)
ANNET : Babe, you shouldn't have embarrassed the guy like that in front of us nau...haba...
BIMBO : what, was he not supposed to show up with my gift?
TARA : the guy kinda dashed our hopes. We were thinking he'll bring another designer o.
CHIOMA : who knows may be its in the sitting room.
BIMBO : hmm....that's true....I'll ask Bukky....(She calls Bukky in)
BUKKY : yes Sis...(Entering into the room)
BIMBO : were you the one that opened the door for Yomi?
BUKKY : yes.
BIMBO : good! Did you see the birthday gift he got for me?
BUKKY : no.
TARA : of course it should be wrapped nau haha.... 
BIMBO : that's true...
BUKKY : (cuts in)...I didn't see anything with him o.
BIMBO : what do you mean anything?
BUKKY : I mean, I didn't see anything in his hands.
BIMBO : what! So....
ANNET : its okay Bukky, you can go nau.
BUKKY : alright...(Leaves)
BIMBO : so he really won't get me any gift abi?
TARA : what happened? Did he say that before?
BIMBO : yes. He said he's low on cash.
TARA : haha..no matter how broke he is he should be able to get you something.
ANNET : the question is, will you like what he can afford?
CHIOMA : that's true o.
TARA : haha....is he not working?
BIMBO : of course! He's an Architect.
TARA : haha! An Architect! He should be loaded nau.
BIMBO : working in a construction company.
TARA : If you ask me, I'll say the guy is stingy.
ANNET : I don't think so. He was the one that bought the Jimmy Choo nau.
TARA : haha...shebi then they just started dating.
BIMBO : we had not started. He was still asking me out...
TARA : (cuts in) you see now! All these men, they will shower you with gift just to make you date them and after that you see their true colour! They're all the same!
ANNET : I'd say don't judge this guy yet o...
TARA : (cuts in) Abeg! That's how that useless Sam did too. After I said yes, he became a full blown 'akagum'! But before I said yes, if I said I wanted his eyes, he'll pluck it for me. The moment we started dating, and he had a taste of the pudding like this ehn, he changed totally!
ANNET : na you fall for him charms nau..
CHIOMA : you sef give am 'pudding' too early!
TARA : omo, I fall o. That's why I left him. He's too stingy....(They all laughed) that was how he started too. He stopped giving me gifts, even birthday gift.
ANNET : wait a minute Bimbo, that doesn't mean Yomi will do the same o.
CHIOMA : who knows...
TARA : okay o, let's watch and see...
(Meanwhile, Yomi walks back to Lanre, not looking very bright...)
LANRE : what happened? You're not looking so bright again. Wasn't she there?
YOMI : she was. Nothing happened.
LANRE : are you sure?
YOMI : of course nau...haba.
LANRE : or she reacted somehow because she didn't see her gift with you?
YOMI : (shocked, he looks at him) you seem to know too much about women...
LANRE : haba nau...I'm the only male amongst five girls, its normal. Don't worry, the surprise you have for her will wipe all that out.
YOMI : yeah....yeah....
(Then a guy enters holding some packages all labeled Dolce and Gabana)
LANRE : wow! Some packages he got there. I'm sure its the full wear o, that guy must have spent a fortune.
YOMI : hmm....(Looking at some of the packages he's holding, and some laying out side)...
             ...................................
BUKKY : (at the door with Mark) hey. Uncle Mark...(Hugs him)
MARK : how are you dear?
BUKKY : I'm good.
MARK : please help me with this stuff, some are still outside.
BUKKY : okay....(She goes out to take in the boxes)
            ..........................................
(Meanwhile Lanre and Yomi wonders who the guy is....)
LANRE : who's the guy?
YOMI : I don't know him.
LANRE : hmm....may be he's a cousin or a brother....since the girl knows him
YOMI : hmm.....
LANRE : don't worry, just think of how happy she will be when she sees the engagement ring you got her. I'm sure all these garbage will be nothing to her.
YOMI : hmm....(Puts up a fake smile)
           .........................................
(Bukky carries some of the packages for him)
MARK : Bukky, please take them all to her room for me and if she asks for me, then call me.
BUKKY : okay...(She takes the boxes in to Bimbo's room)
              ..................................
(Inside Bimbo's room, she sees her Sister going out and coming in with Boxes of Dolce and Gabana)
TARA : haha....(Looking at one of the Boxes) D&G perf...!
CHIOMA : (looks and picks up another box)....D&G make up...!
ANNET : (examines another box)....D&G shoe!
BIMBO : and she's gone to bring another one?
TARA : hmm Babe! You've not been truthful to your friends o! Who is bringing all these?
BIMBO : I'm yet to find out o.
BUKKY : and this....(Dropping the box she looks at Bimbo)...one more to go, the biggest....(Turns around to go)
BIMBO : (picking the two new boxes up)wait! Who sent all these?
BUkKY : wait, let me bring the last one before you ask....(She leaves)
BIMBO : (looking at another box)... D&G wrist watch...
CHIOMA : (picking up the other box she opens it)...oh my God! A customed Pearl!
OTHERS: (rushing towards her)...let me see....
BIMBO : who is this?
TARA : Babe this person must be da bomb! Who is it?
CHIOMA : I'm sure its a 'he'
BUKKY : (entering with a big box)....and this is the last one......(Dropping it)
TARA : (goes to open it)....my God its a D&G gown!
BIMBO : now will you tell me who brought all these?
BUKKY : Uncle Mark.
BIMBO : (shocked)....Mark?
ANNET : the same Mark.....(Looking at Bimbo)
BIMBO : my Mark?
TARA : who is Mark?
CHIOMA : wow! Have you forgotten Mark? Her Boss!
TARA : oh Mark! Haha! Wow! This is tempting!
CHIOMA : that's an understatement!
ANNET : this guy means business o....(Checking some of those things out) wow!
TARA : look at the collection of body wears, the perf, the body spray and the...
BIMBO : (cuts in) abeg no look too much o....(Turns to Bukky) please tell him to come in.
BUKKY : definitely!...she goes to call Mark in...
BIMBO : I can't believe this...
TARA : come, I love this guy already!....abeg Babe, if you no want am, you fit dash me make you hold on to your Yemi abi wetin be him name?(They all laugh) abi nau....see better person....seriously, I no mind this guy o.
BIMBO : do you ever mind any guy that has money?
ANNET : abi o!
TARA : just introduce me, let me continue the rest...
BIMBO : yeah right!
CHIOMA : haha...na true nau, after all, you get Yomi.
BIMBO : (she hears his knock)...abeg the guy go soon enter make una shut up...(Turns to the door)....come in!
MARK : (entering)....happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you.....
BIMBO : (goes to hug)...thanks!
MARK : hope you love my little gift?
TARA : (cuts in)...little ke! He calls this little!...(Stands up and walks up to him) hello
BIMBO : (notices Tara beside her)....don't mind my naughty friend. Please this is Tara.
MARK : nice meeting you....
BIMBO : and here are Chioma and Annette, of course you've Annette before.
MARK : yes. Hi Annette, Chioma.
CHIOMA : hi!
MARK : (turns to Bimbo) hope you love the gifts?
BIMBO : of cousre! They are beautiful, thanks! (Hugs him again)
MARK : I'm happy you love them....alright, I'll be in the sitting room.
BIMBO : alright, I'll be there soon...
MARK : later girls!...(He goes to the sitting)
ALL : yeah later!
BIMBO : wow...(looking at the gifts)....this is the best gift ever!
TARA : you can say that again Babe!....(Looking at the cologne)
ANNET : okay now, its time we showed up at the sitting room. We shouldn't keep our guests waiting for too long...
BIMBO : yeah....is my make up okay?
CHIOMA : yes.
BIMBO : now I can wear my dress...
(She dresses up and goes to the sitting room)
To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment