Thursday 30 June 2016

Test of Time Episode 10

Episode 10

(Yomi goes to open the door as Bimbo steps in. She sees all the wonderful things Yomi already put in place just for her visit but she ignores them...)

YOMI : (hugging her)....Baby...how are you?
BIMBO : I'm good.
YOMI : (looks at her)...you look ravishing...
BIMBO : Thanks...(Taking a seat)
YOMI : what do I offer you?
BIMBO : nothing. I'm okay.
YOMI : nothing? (Disappointed)... But I prepared all this for you....
BIMBO : Yomi, what I came to discuss with you is more important than all this....(Pointing at the dishes)...please sit down let's talk...
YOMI : (he sits beside her)..hope there's no problem?
BIMBO : there is.
YOMI : are you okay? Hope you're not sick or something?
BIMBO : I'm not....Yomi......I want a break up.
YOMI : (shocked) a break up? A break up? Why?
BIMBO : I'm not just into this relationship anymore.
YOMI : but...but that's absurd. We've always professed love for each other, why then will you break up?
BIMBO : let it just be like that. I don't want to continue with you.
YOMI : Bimbo, wait you must be joking abi? If this is a joke, let's stop it here o...(Adjusting on his seat)
BIMBO : joking? Have I ever joked with such a thing before? I'm serious.
YOMI : oh my God...(holds her hand)...please my love don't do this to me...please. What am I doing wrongly? Just tell me, I'll change...
BIMBO : there's nothing you're doing wrongly. I just don't want to continue with you.
YOMI : but why? Don't you love me any more?
BIMBO : Yomi let's just forget about all the reasons and move on. Go our separate ways.
YOMI : no, please Bimbo, don't do this to me....(Pauses for a while to think about what may be the cause of her decision)...is it because I proposed?
BIMBO : no,....I don't know.
YOMI : tell me, just tell me, if that's the reason I'm sorry. May be you feel rushed, please tell me...
BIMBO : Yomi its not that. I'm not just interested again.
YOMI : (kneels before her) please Love, don't do this to me. You know how much I love you.... You know I can't live without you.... Please...
BIMBO : I'm sorry Yomi, but I don't feel the same way about you again.
YOMI : but we can work on it...let's just spend more time together. May be its because we have been spending less time with each other, please Love, let's give ourselves another chance please...
BIMBO : no Yomi, I've made up my mind already.....there's no going back.
YOMI : (close to tears)...please Love please, how will I continue without you...how do I? Please don't leave me...
BIMBO : Yomi, stop embarrassing yourself before me. Stand up please.
YOMI : no, let me kneel, please if there's anything I did just forgive me. Please forgive me...
BIMBO : Yomi, stop all this...
YOMI : please, please, sweetheart please, I'm sorry...
BIMBO : Yomi, I've made up my mind and there's no going back.
YOMI : we can still work on it Baby, just give me another chance, we can do this, please. I will do it right this time...(With tears in his eyes)
BIMBO : oooohhh... Yomi...(Stands up) look I'm going to my house.
YOMI : (holds her) please, Bimbo, don't do this to us....
BIMBO : I'm sorry...(Releases herself from his grip and leaves)
YOMI : Bimbo! Bimbo! Please wait don't go....(Goes after her but she runs away)...Bimbo!...(Follows her to the car as she starts the car)...please Bimbo, please let's talk about it....we can sort this out.
BIMBO : (winds down a little)...stop this Yomi, stop embarrassing yourself!.....
YOMI : let me embarrass myself for you...just don't break up with me....please....(Holding the car)....
BIMBO : we'll still be friends Yomi....(She moves away)
YOMI : Bimbo! Bimbo! (Seeing the car going, he runs after her as she drives away) Bimbo!

(After running after the car for a while, he stops, panting, he walks back home not realizing that eyes were on him.

He couldn't believe what just happened to him. He couldn't believe that its suddenly over between him and the woman he wishes to spend the rest of his life with...

Yomi walks inside his flat looking at the food on the dining. He sat down crying, devastated. After a while he picks his phone and calls Lanre...)

RECEIVER : hey man! Don't tell me she's gone already......that was fast......or she's still not here yet?....(Noticing the unusual silence)......hello?.....hello?....(he could hear the sob)....hello Yomi! Yomi....(Frightened).... Yomi what happened? Is Bimbo okay?
YOMI : Lanre....
RECEIVER : yes I'm here what happened?
YOMI : she broke up.
RECEIVER : what! She did what?
YOMI : she said.....she's not interested.
RECEIVER : oh my God....why? what was her reasons for taking such decision?
YOMI : she just said she doesn't love me anymore.
RECEIVER : what the heck.... Chai! Girls! Didn't she know that before you guys started dating?.....(Yomi didn't answer)...Yomi, just take it like a man okay?......(Still silence)....hello Yomi? Talk to me Yomi.....Yomi! Hello? Hello?....
YOMI : (drops the phone on the ground crying)...no...

(Meanwhile Lanre was at a friend's house when Yomi called)...

ABEY : (seeing Lanre's countenance)...what happened?
LANRE : its that my colleague o. His Babe just left him.
ABEY : why nau? He no get money ni?
LANRE : no, the Babe just say she no do again and this guy really loves that girl o. He's so devastated. I didn't even hear anything again afterwards.
ABEY : you better talk to him. He should not go and do anything stupid.
LANRE : can he?
ABEY : haa look at you. Do you know how many guys out there do crazy and terrible things just because of a girl?
LANRE : haa! For what now? Because of ordinary woman?
ABEY : don't say that o. We love differently o. Some people love with their whole heart and find it difficult to let go. In fact some can't even move on after a break up thereby trying to end their lives.
LANRE : haba nau! That's an exaggeration!
ABEY : don't say that o. I know a guy that has tried taking poison because of heart break before. We all handle this heartbreak of a thing differently o. Another guy went ahead to stab the girl saying he'd rather see her dead than with another man. So don't take this thing lightly o.
LANRE : (shocked)...may be I should go to his house and check on him then.
ABEY : that's better. He needs a friend seriously now.
(Just then Abbey's girl friend walks in)
ABEY : hey sweetheart...how are you?
AMANDA : I'm good dear...(Gives him a peck)
LANRE : (looking at the young lady)...wait, this is Amanda, right?
ABEY : it is. The same Amanda you've being wanting to meet.
LANRE : wow! Nice to finally meet you...(Extending a handshake)
ABEY : sweetheart, that's Lanre, my friend.
AMANDA : hi, nice to meet you...(Shaking Lanre)...I've heard so much about you.
LANRE : same here. You're more beautiful than I imagined, no wonder my friend wants to die for you...
AMANDA : (she laughs, blushing) thanks. He doesn't have to die for me, we'll go together.
LANRE : (laughs)....wow..I love that o...anyway, I have to run now, I'll see you some other time.
ABEY : guy, sorry I can't come with you o, may be next time.
LANRE : its alright, I understand.
ABEY : but update me on the whatever happens sha, I'll be glad to help.
LANRE : alright, thanks man. See you...(Leaving)
ABEY & AMANDA : bye!
AMANDA : thank God you're not on call today....we can spend the whole day together.
ABEY : you can say that again...
..................................................................

(Lanre gets to Yomi's house and sees the preparation he had made for Bimbo's arrival. He saw the way he decorated the sitting room with different flowers, the table with different dishes. The whole place was looking very beautiful.

He saw Yomi lying on the floor, with tears in his eyes....)

LANRE : (pulling him up)...its okay Yomi. Pull yourself together. Its not the end of the world o.
YOMI : Lanre, I can't go on without her.
LANRE : you can and you will.
YOMI : life has no meaning without Bimbo....
LANRE : come on man, you can get over this. Pull yourself together...
YOMI : I can't... Lanre, what do I do? I need to get her back, please I love her too much to let her go...(With tears dropping profusely from his eyes)
LANRE : Yomi, be a man please. At least get yourself together first before knowing what next to do.
YOMI : she can't just leave me like that...
LANRE : come on Yomi, look at everything you did....(Pointing at the dishes, flowers and the rest)...just to make her happy.... Yet she broke up...
YOMI : yes, I know, may be there's something I'm not doing right....
LANRE : what are you not doing right? Yomi, be a man and hold yourself...
YOMI : I have to try again, Lanre...
LANRE : (getting really angry at Yomi)...okay suit yourself. I'm off...

(Meanwhile, Bimbo went straight to Mark's place after leaving Yomi's house...)

MARK : (opening the door for her) what a pleasant surprise...
BIMBO : (hugs him)...yeah, yeah...
MARK : come in... Its good to have you here...
BIMBO : you can say that again...
MARK : what do I offer you?
BIMBO : anything good....
MARK : alright...(He serves her some juice)...so have you spoken to him?...(Taking the juice to her)
BIMBO : hmm...you don't seem to forget things right...(Collecting the juice from him)
MARK : how can I forget about such a thing? We're talking about my woman and the person depriving me of her here and you're saying I should forget it, hell no...(Sitting beside her)
BIMBO : you're full of sweet words Mark....
MARK : you know what...(Moving closer to her)...
BIMBO : what?
MARK : girls like you bring out, resilient virtues in men.
BIMBO : hmm mm....
MARK : yes dear, when I see you, all I feel like doing is pouring out those words as they come...(Moves closer to her)
BIMBO : but really, you're good with words...
MARK : am I?.....(he kisses her)....you're so irresistible...I mean, you're irresistibly beautiful....

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment